[RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGS-212) Driver

This is what you would see in the data section of non secure.

Whereas this is what you would see if secure.

Hope this helps everyone!

And on a side note... to pair in secure mode make sure you have z-wave pairing mode set to all secure.

Hello,
I've got "old" FGD-211 connect as stair way toggle switch connect like this:

(it was working with my previous hub)
when I'm using this dirver

the light is always on - I can not switch it off via switch - always on, via HE I can switch off/on. I try to use generic z-wave dimmer and nothing - still on. I did dimmer exclusion/inclusion and then firstly use z-wave tool to change some parameters - it was working via switch! jupi. Then I change to driver from above and lights go on - change to other drivers (Generic/z-wave tool) don't help - always on....
in logs I can notice that HE see that I'm "clicking" switch but

update
it's stops working after few minutes from power reset - on every drivers

Attempting to add this, and seem to be finding that the device, when going above about 60 percent, goes really bright then switxhes off again.

Seem to recall this happening on smartthings on initial install, and I altered the settings to "leading edge" or something and it sorted it.

Not sure the best way to get this functional in hubitat c7.

Any pointers please? Ta

@mike.maxwell is going through all the built Fibaro drivers and fixing them for the C7 there seems to be a issue with using the 700 radio with them. Although if you're after the button events from the inputs the built in driver doesn't support that so your need the community one. I haven't tried my dimmers yet on my C-7 so not sure if the community one works or not. I have to get my UBS working 1st then move on to the next hub :flushed:

2 Likes

The UBS is like the heart of my setup for all automations so now its stoneage at home... Hope they will fix all fibaros asap. The one I have is RGBw ,UBS, Dimmer 2 ,Shutter 2 and Double switch 2 native.
Have to wait now until fixes are made so I can continue migrating from vera...

1 Like

Yes similar it does my windows doors motion sensors and some switches. Luckily I just moved it back to my C4 so all good, just means I have my 2nd C7 unpowered waiting and my 1st c7 with only ZigBee lamps on.

I fired up the uzb I have it included ok, what specifically isn't working?

Is it the European one I sent or the new implant? We are using the older UBS one.

Everything

It eventually joins but only after it fails then you have to click discover in the z-wave menu.

Then create a child contact "normally closed" in my testing and then open/ close this and nothing happens. This was if I have 1 or 2 child contacts and a temperature probe. Just in case that makes a difference, as the one I had when it joined it automatically created the temperature child as it should.

This is the one. childs don't report anything.
https://manuals.fibaro.com/binary-sensor/

Hi , How does Devices drivers vs hubfirmware work?

When you update for example the native fibaro UBS Can you just update the database with new device code and it Will kick in automaticly in everybodies Hubs or is it in next Hubfirmware release ?

Im novice ex Vera user staring up C7 but must wait with all migration intill all the fibaro drivers are working..

Thanx Mattias

The aeotec Multisensor 6 s Motion does not also work maybe same problem as UBS motion but it does not show at all in driver as UBS does..

How does it look with the fibaro UBS driver update??

Im eager to move forward with all my ubs who runs logics in my system..

/Thanx Mattias

initially i wasn't able to verify the noted issues, so its going to be a while before I can get back to it.

So what you aresaying is that your c7 Testunit and fibaro UBS works and thereby hard to fix when it not broken or?

You have now? I can test again on the 119 release I tested it before on 118. Is is the UBS you tested?

yes

I may be getting giddily excited for nothing here - but do I read this as there's a working fibaro driver for the c7?

rubs hands

All my z-wave device are on my C4, I moved one UBS over to my C-7 once the 118 beta was out which was "released". It has had a UBS driver since last year when I sent one to Mike to get a driver working for it. The only difference between the c-4 and c-7 in this respect is the z-wave stack and radio. For what ever reason that driver didn't work for @mailtomatte and me. I have some other UBSs so I will test again with them and find out why Mike has been successfully and we were not.

So no nothing new just getting existing working.

Thanks for the explanation. Looks like I'm still using my konnected WiFi boards then. Luckily I've just had 5 turn up from ebay/China at about 2 quid each. =)

Any updates regarding Fibaro devices drivers ? specially UBS.....

/MAttias