[RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGS-212) Driver

All my z-wave device are on my C4, I moved one UBS over to my C-7 once the 118 beta was out which was "released". It has had a UBS driver since last year when I sent one to Mike to get a driver working for it. The only difference between the c-4 and c-7 in this respect is the z-wave stack and radio. For what ever reason that driver didn't work for @mailtomatte and me. I have some other UBSs so I will test again with them and find out why Mike has been successfully and we were not.

So no nothing new just getting existing working.

Thanks for the explanation. Looks like I'm still using my konnected WiFi boards then. Luckily I've just had 5 turn up from ebay/China at about 2 quid each. =)

Any updates regarding Fibaro devices drivers ? specially UBS.....

/MAttias

My advice is to look into nodemcu / konnected. Literally £2.50 per board. Work perfect and I prefer them to my ubs / implant. Way, way better IMHO.

Im playing with this device handler instead of the default one, and whilst I can see it provides a bit more Zwave functionality, I cant seem to configure the settings at all? How do I change the switches from toggle to momentary, or the speed of dimming parameter?
Am I missing a hidden configuration page somewhere?

HAHA - OK. Ignore me!!! Will teach me for reading a switch and assuming it was something else!!

1 Like

Does anybody have a Fibaro Dimmer DTH which supports night mode? Or do people use a separate app for that?

? like a hub mode?

In ST you can have the light turn on at a different brightness overnight. Ideally I'd like to recreate that, which I could do with a rule machine rule based off hub mode I guess? But then you can't have different lights being different brightnesses at different times of day (e.g. sitting room goes dim at 2230, bedroom goes dim at 2300, and bathroom from 2330 so it keeps the extractor fan off) and it adds a delay/flash while it changes brightness...

Yeah this is how I do it. I have a variable for .y downlights and one for my normal lights.

Sure you can. I use motion lighting and control them that way each room can have different brightness per mode or scenes per mode.

For my downlights I actually program them as a switch in motion lighting, then have a rule per light that says.

If on and mode change then change to this brightness per mode.
Or
If turned on then set to this brightness depending on mode.

This was my work around for still controling them from their inputs.

Hmm, its certainly not as convenient having several RM rules per light as then my Apps page will get super cluttered with repetitive rules... And given the different times on the day I would then need to use offsets or something linked to the mode....

Do you find that RM rules trigger fast enough that you dont notice the change in brightness (i.e. it turns on to 100% and then RM changes it to 3%, does that cause a flash)? Even more annoying than that my bathroom fan stays off when the dimming level is <10%, so that flash would mean my fan turns on....

I just have one and the offset can be done with variables if needed.

When i get to a pc I'll show you my rules. We now have import and export rules in the next release so it's easier to copy and input the devices.

You can have it as fast of as slow as you like, it has fade rate. For me it's quick enough I have a slow fade of 1.5 seconds

Ah ok, my lights don't have much of a fade when you turn them on, so I'll need to test with the bathroom I guess. Since turning on to 100% with the wall switch, and then a rule changing it to 1% shortly after would not work for me. I might merge night mode into this device handler... Though perhaps it's just me who would use it!!

1 Like

Which driver are you looking at I assume it's @ericm ? I'm sure he would happily let you do a pull request. I think he works for a competitor so don't do any more development on the Fibaro stuff.

1 Like

Yes I seemed to gather that was the latest device handler for the Dimmer 2. Ok, will make a start on the coding.

I just wasnt sure if I was missing something, as that was the main ST device handler, and I assumed it might have been removed during the port to Hubitat for some specific reason. @Robin - Do you know?

Thanks

I hope you can sort out this driver. It has been a bugger from day 1 and is widely used.

@buckchucko - Can you give this version a whirl, it definitely needs a bit more smoothing out, but will be much faster if a couple more people can give feedback on things that arent yet working. Thanks

I know this is an old post but I wanted to add something in case anyone else was in my position. I am using Fibaro Dimmer 2 modules as both a dimmer controller and also a mood button controller via S2. I have been having all kinds of issues getting this going. It turns out I was doing most of my testing on the one module (of seven) that didn't yet have lights connected to it. Without a load connected, S2 does not work. Every time I pressed S2 I would get a debug message about parameter 13. I can only assume that the module doesn't really wake up properly until it has done it's auto-calibration. As soon as I connected a test bulb it auto calibrated and I then started getting the button press events on S2. Figured this might save someone some time in future hence my post.

You must never power up a dimmer 2 without a load connected, can cause damage to the module.

9 times out of 10 the auto test feature detects the missing load and protects the device, but don't rely on it.

Thanks for the info. I guess I mis-interpreted that bit. I didn't plan to switch the module output on without the load. I was just planning to use it for the S2 connection for now. I didn't appreciate that it must have a load to be powered up. Good to know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.