[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Updated!

Hey - I'm noticing that Bundle Manager can take upwards of 30s to launch sometimes...seems most likely to do that when bundle updates are available, but not 100% sure of that. Have you seen any long load times on your end?

1 Like

Setting the ground work for a new 'Scenes on Steroids' type of app. lol

Nope, but I'll take a look. :+1:

2 Likes

Can also confirm. Both hubs showed no update. One spun for close to a full minute before deciding 2 updates were available

The other spun for close to 30 secs before deciding it had 1 update available.

Both hubs running 1.2.4.

1 Like

Bryan - Weird one here...it seems like the option to enter text for a speech notification is missing from EE...I chose to speech but never see a field to enter text into, on the pages shown or on main page that appears when I hit Next. Feeling like I must be blind or something.

1 Like

Try the new bundle...

3.7.8 - 06/27/22 - Fix to Notifications

1 Like

For once...I'm not crazy. So happy.

1 Like

I have had a cog to turn on the office light with motion after working hours for several months, and it has worked well. All of a sudden this morning it has stopped working. The only thing I have chnaged is the actual motion sensor that triggers it, and that was a few days ago and it worked since until this morning.

Here is the cog:

And here is the log:

Any Ideas whats changed??

Bryan:

I know you hate buttons... :wink:

Button as a condition drop-down list seems to be repeating actions...I have a cog that that uses the button capability in four switches that have a driver-provided button capability, and EE is adding a set of button actions for each switch into the button action list. If I have three of the switches in the cog, I get three sets of actions, if I have four switches in the cog, I get four sets of actions in the list. :slight_smile:

Well, had time so here is the cog setup and logs...but seems like it must be related to the repeating button option entries in the cog setup.

Loggies

THAT'S IT! I'm ripping 'buttons' out of EE. :wink: :rofl: :rofl: :smile:

(new bundle available... 3.7.9 - 06/29/22 - Fix to button conditions)

1 Like

Looking at the log, it's failing the 'Between two times'. But the logs are showing that it should pass. I'll have to dig deeper.

Thanks

1 Like

I must totaly be missing it, but after I configure to Blue iris, how do I access the motion detection in Blue iris in Event engine

You can't. EE can only controls Blue Iris. Not the other way around.

There is an addon for Blue Iris called Blue Iris Tools - in it are a number of integrated features you can use to manage your BI server, and there are some macro features there that can be found to be useful or to give clues ...
Within BI, you can take generated events from your cameras and 'push' at the hub for example. I use virtual cameras to act as notification tiles I can embed in my dashboard - with some experimentation is very powerful once you get the hang of it.

Hi Bryan - I might be mistaken about this but I think your labels might be reversed on a setting. This is a cog based on a custom attribute. In this case, the intent is to trigger when the attribute has a value of false. The label next to the switch says "Condition true when false (off)" - that suggests to me that this switch should be off if I want it to trigger on the attribute value 1 - which is false.
However I have to set the switch to ON in order to see "Condition true when Custom(s) become false.

This seems reversed?

Hi,
Notice the '... (off) or ... (on)'.

"Condition true when Attribute Value 1 = [false] - (toggle switch in the off position)
"Condition true when Attribute Value 2 = [null] - (toggle switch in the on position)

It's just giving you the option to trigger the Cog on either value.

Hope this helps

Right - but I think it's reversed. In the on position it triggers on attribute 1 and in the off position it triggers on value 2.

It really just depends on what order you are putting in for the values. Look at my examples in your screenshot. on/off, open/closed

Typically, value 1 is the 'on, open, active, true, etc' and value 2 is the 'off, closed, inactive, false'. You have 'false' in value 1 (instead of value 2). This is why the 'Reminder' is there.

'If Conditions are working backwards, simply reverse your values above.'

1 Like

Has something changed in the past few days? My cog to turn my living room can lights on over night has worked for a a couple weeks, all of a sudden tonight it stopped working. Am I missing something?

Nope, no updates in awhile.

Would need a debug log of it 'not working' to see what's going on.

Thanks

Summary

Summary

This text will be hidden