[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Probably a just-me, but I have a repeatable error when creating a new cog. It throws and "Uexpected Error" each time I try.

1. Start a new cog
  2. Choose Time and Contacts as Time/Days/Mode as the conditions.
  3. Select Between to Times as the time condition in the drop-down
  • The error only occurs if I select the Between to Times option. Choosing any of the other Time/Days/Mode options does not cause the error.
  1. As soon as I click away after selecting Between to Times the error happens.

Screen shots and logs:

Summary

Error - happens when I click away from the drop down to complete my selection:

Logs:

same here.. just reproduced

1 Like

2.4.8 - 12/14/20 - Adjustments

1 Like

Yup - error fixed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@bptworld

Hey, Brian, how abotu a event of SystemStart (perferably with a delay.

Alan

@bptworld

I have a new setup on my stove using hidden contact sensors to identify when burners are on:

I'd like to use Event Engine to turn on an LED strip that will be at the base of cabinets in the kitchen. My goal is:

• Between Sunset and Sunrise: Turn on LED strip when any of the stove contact sensors are open (burner on), turn off when none are open. When on set to Red, level 50.
  • Between Sunrise and Sunset: Same as above, but set light to incandescent, level 50.

Is there a way to do this w/one cog?

1 Like

I want to visit your house

Definitely need two cogs for this.

1 Like

LOL...seriously. :slight_smile:

We are currently closed for the holidays, but will be reopening in January for a full season of guided tours. Please remember that the Piano Light Event is a Special Exhibit and requires an additional entry fee.

In January we are also proud to announce a new exhibit developed in close collaboration with @bptworld - our "Event Engine - Cogs in Motion 4D Video Extravaganza."* (*Warning: Audience members in the "Cog Zone" (first three rows) may get wet during the leak detection automations.)

:smiley:

4 Likes

Current problem:

Who do I complain to if everything is working?

:wink:

1 Like

That's a NICE problem to have!

1 Like

Oh well...I just couldn't let things go as is. :wink:

I've tried to set up a cog that uses contact sensors and power levels, and it will start when power goes above the setpoint, but goesn't reverse when power goes below the setpoing. Go ahead, tell me, it's me again, isn't it? [sigh] :wink:

Summary

It because you don't have the latest version!

2.4.9 - 12/20/20 - Adjustment to Setpoints

:wink:

2 Likes

Hah, once again my screw up! I would tell my wife, but she already knows everything is my fault. :wink:

Thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

Bingo, works!

1 Like

To the misses, complaining that she doesn't do anything to disturb the automation?

1 Like

Oops...can't create a new cog. Error occurs when click on "Add new cog to Event Engine." I can open existing cogs.

2.5.0 - 12/21/20 - Fixed a typo

1 Like

I have a strange problem.

I have a cog that is set to run actions in an RM rule. It used to work perfectly but a few days ago (yes this had to happen pre Christmas :smiley:) I noticed that the cog failed to run the rule action despite the cog having fired.

The entry from the logs show that it is should be running the rule action but nothing happens.

[app:1040]2020-12-26 02:58:59.362 am trace********************* End - startTheProcess (2.5.0) - Front Entry State (set RM Variable) *********************
[app:1040]2020-12-26 02:58:59.358 am [debug]In ruleMachineHandler - Rule: [1041] - Action: runRuleAct
[app:1040]2020-12-26 02:58:59.356 am [debug]In startTheProcess - HERE WE GO! - whatToDo: run
[app:1040]2020-12-26 02:58:59.355 am [debug]In checkingWhatToDo - ********** whatToDo: run **********
[app:1040]2020-12-26 02:58:59.354 am [debug]In checkingWhatToDo - Using A - Run
[app:1040]2020-12-26 02:58:59.353 am [debug]In checkingWhatToDo - everythingOK: true

I tried again with just a a simple action of turning on a switch which works fine. But if the same action is contained in a rule, running the rule from the cog will not do anything anymore.

Nothing has changed so I'm puzzled. And my front lights won't turn off by themselves anymore.

First, Merry Christmas. :slight_smile:

Second, screen shots of logs are much easier for Bryan and other developers to read than text captures, so he'd probably appreciate you using screen shots for logs.

Thirdly, a screen shot of the cog's description from inside the app (like below) will likely he helpful to him.

Fourthly, I hope you enjoy your figgy pudding. :slight_smile: (Still have no idea what the heck that is.) :wink:

1 Like

You too!

Me neither :thinking:

Will do, thanks! I've just done a restore and will do some more testing before re-sending.

1 Like