[RELEASE] Eufy Security (Abandoned)

That's the right version. Seems that the floodlight is marked as optional, did you choose to install the optional floodlight?

There’s a chance I’m missing something, but I swear I’m doing this right. I updated, repaired, and even totally uninstalled and reinstalled. Not seeing an option for the floodlight.

Hmm, not sure why HPM isn't showing the package in the modify section (that happens for me too), but mine did install the floodlight camera driver. I'd probably just try installing the floodlight camera driver manually from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amosyuen/hubitat/main/eufysecurity/beta/Eufy%20Security%20Floodlight%20Camera.groovy and maybe see if HPM can match it up.

Thanks! Manually installed the driver no issue, but then the app itself was giving me fits after the earlier uninstall/reinstall. Uninstalled and reinstalled again just to be safe. Same errors...

Im in australia and have not been able to get this working, when i try and login i get this error in the log.

app:7432021-03-31 03:41:38.258 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.call() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [trace, login: loginScreen=true] Possible solutions: wait(), any(), trim(), grep(), split(), next() (appButtonHandler)

Ah sorry, looks like there was a bug in some logging code. Fixed in v0.0.7. Also I fixed the manifest so that the floodlight shows up as optional.

Thank you so much for creating this app and drivers. I installed it via HPM (lovely, lovely app) and it found all of my Eufy base 2 units and my Eufy 2C outdoor cameras and battery doorbell. Cams are on one base and doorbell on the other. I do not have any floods, sensors, or other Eufy products.

I want to see video streams in my dashboard, but I was not sure what to do. I set up a camera as device with video player template type, but clueless on value for url.

Can one of you kind folks walk me through this?

The easieast way to accomplish this i have was to use the their RTSP stream ability. I have eufy indoor cameras being monitor via raspberry Pi with Motion Eye. It uses the RTSP stream to connect to the cameras. Then it is what my dashboards hit to retrieve a image /stream from. The problem you will have though is unless you have motion to trigger the camera most of the Eufy cams don't have any output.

I am trying to setup rtsp on my eufy cams and my qnap. Not sure what I am doing.

Is there a way to be notified when there is motion on a Eufy 2C so that I can use Hubitat to turn on/off flood lights via a Wemo Smart Switch (I am using Wemo Connect)?

To be honest, I am struggling on how to best use this. Need more coffee and gray cells.

Not sure about QNAP. I don't have one. That is why I turned to Motion with Motion Eye

You can use Motion eye to do this with a application on the hub called "tinyCam Connector". Simply put you setup a Virtual motion device to represent the camera. Then you setup tinyCam Connector to create a webhook that it will use to update the Virtual motion device. Then in Motion you tell it to call a webhook on motion activation. This won't tell you when it deactivates though, just when motion happens.

I have been trying to think about how to use this in my use case as well. With out being able to act on it like a motion device the use case can be limited. I do believe you could use this to turn cameras on and off though to save battery.

Awesome. It's working now. Was able to add all my cams and base fine...thank you so much

Thanks! I was able to install the optional driver. I updated the driver in the device...but the moment of truth didn’t yield any lights unfortunately. Appreciate you checking it out and trying even though it was a long shot!!

Does setting the brightness work though?

Sure does! See below. How do we obtain some more API details... :thinking:

I was thinking about moving to eufy and getting rid of Foscam since RBoy code won’t be coming to Hubitat (PM me if anyone has some details they can share on that). Seems like we’re kind of stuck with the limited info available from eufy for the time being, though.

Any advice when it comes to Indoor Cam 2k and motion detection? I was trying to see if I could turn off motion detection in the HE app, I see where it recognized it in “events”, I think I see where it’s recognized in the logs, but the camera then triggered motion...

I don't have any indoor cameras so haven't been able to test it. But they might use a different param for motion detection. The logs screenshot is from you making the change in hubitat right? Could you make the change in eufy app and see what logParamDeltas records after a refresh?

Unfortunately nothing when it comes to motion detection...

Strange, When I change modes of the base with this app, it changes in the efuy app but the cameras still function as they are still in the previous mode. example: I have the station in night Mode with an alarm to sound when motion is detected, I have an automation set up that changes the mode to home when I get up in the morning, the eufy app shows the base in home mode but the alarm still goes off. I have to toggle it again in the eufy app to stop the alarm?