[RELEASE] Eternal Sunshine (luminescence and dimmers)

Just noticed a bug susceptible to completely block the app due to a division by 0 (when illuminance is 0) in the calculation of the log base. Pushing a hot fix now.

Updated early this morning. Seems to be running fine. I have four LIFX bulbs. Three are older and will only dim to level 2. One of them is newer and will dim to level 1. So far, that hasn't seemed to cause a problem.

New version available with the possibility for users to set the sensitivity (only in logarithmic mode). A decimal value entered by the user in the settings will define the sensitivity, making this app's behavior very customizable.

Thanks. You are doing a great job of evolving the app. I will update now. I installed the new version and set the logarithmic index to 9. Looks like it is responding very well. I might back off on that number as time goes by.

I'm running on sensitivity setting 8. Oddly, my luminance reading is high, 3800,, and my lights are on 100%. I don't know if these log readings are important or not.

Looking into this now. That's odd... Sure you have the last version, right ?

Ok, found where this is coming from. Fixing this now. Update soon.

Excellent. Thanks very much for your work on this.

Done! You can use this graph to determine the best logarithm base for your context: Eternal Sunshine Logarithm

Cool. I will take a look.

Sorry, I don't understand how to use the graph. Neat site.

I'm actually working on a more explanatory version of the app where you'll have more details. For now, just update the app with the last version and the settings. I'll keep you apprised when I push the next update which will contain more explanations (but will still allow for using default headache-free values).

Excellent. Thanks very much.

I've managed to collect data on my illuminance sensor data. Here is a chart showing the data so far. If the app could turn on lights when the sensor drops below a number, say 3,000, and keep them on until the illuminance rises above that for a certain time it would be good. I'm just thinking out loud here. The app is working pretty well for me so far at sensitivity 6. I'm having a hard time tweaking the sensitivity setting to get exactly the behavior I want. Thanks for creating a fun and useful app.

Have you tried the last version which allows you to play with more logarithmic variables?

No. I will update now and try it. Thanks.

I guess I did have the latest from 4 days ago. It has one variable that can be changed. I've been tweaking it, but it seems to be very sensitive. I'm at 6.2 now.

Oops... It seems I had not pushed the update yet. You should be able to update with the latest version now... Sorry about that

Okay. I’ll update tonight and test it tomorrow.

@elfege

Can you support HPM and add your app?