[RELEASE] Enhanced Weather Underground Driver

I've just added 6 new fields - details in the Updates post (snow, thunder & UV):

When attempting to update this driver the following banner appeared:

1 Like

Ah, I’ll fix that today.

Edit: that’s odd and I can’t replicate the issue. Can you use HPM to run a repair?

I don’t use HPM.

I suspect my hub needed a reboot? If I can reproduce or see any other errors, I’ll post here.

1 Like

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all possible values of the 'weather' attribute?

What version are you using?

Can you update the driver from GitHub using the import function?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dJOS1475/Hubitat_WU_Driver/main/WU_Driver.groovy

PS, I assume you are using it as a driver and not an app? (It’s a driver).

You could try the IBM API documentation but it’s likely incomplete.

Is there something like a threedayfcstTile with the Weather Underground data? IMO, the OMW data is not often accurate. I live in Ohio, USA.

There's roughly 5 days of forecast info in the WU data - Im currently only pulling today and tomorrow. I'll look into exposing more days of data.

Ok, I've added a 3rd day of data called "forecastDayAfterTomorrow". Because this is a driver, and not an App, you do need to set up the tiles manually using the "Attribute" option. This is How I have mine:

1 Like

FYI: I have been getting log errors - WU weather api did not return data from poll1 - 204
This is NOT a problem with the driver but a problem that has cropped up on wunderground.
If you start getting these errors and you go to view your station you will find it showing offline but your data is still getting uploaded because the history is still showing and is current. It is unknown when this will get fixed.

Likewise but my station is online:

My station came back online about an hour ago and the errors stopped. There may be some other variations causing the problem but it is a wunderground issue. Hopefully they will get it ironed out soon.

Yeah looks like a server issue on their end, seems to be working fine now for me too.

Installed the ForecastDayAfterTomorrow attribute. Working like a charm! Great addition. THANKS!

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:

Thanks, but I think it would be better to have a single tile like "threedayfcstTile" in the OWM driver. It is an HTML attribute and before I attempt to convert the OWM code into this underground driver I am hoping someone else here has already done something like it.

I know there is the multi-tile apps and I did attempt some efforts there, but I was just not satisified.

Has anyone created an html tile with multiple days, etc?

Agreed, but this isn’t possible with a driver. I would have to make a companion app to do that. I would like to at some point, however I’m removing from carpal tunnel surgery ATM and can’t spend too much time at my computer.

Wow, take care of your hand for sure. I had carpal tunnel surgery and the weeks before the pain in my one hand was terrible.

How does the open weather drive do this then? I do not have a companion app running for it and the driver creates the html attribute. What am I missing?

1 Like

Cheers, it’s getting there.

What I’m saying is, I need to write a companion app to implement the HTML tile feature you are asking for.

Edit: actually I just discovered it can be done in a Driver so I’ll put some effort into it in the next week.

1 Like