[RELEASE] Enhanced Weather Underground Driver

Look at the 'weather' attribute. I think it is what you are looking for. If not, review the many attribute values in the device details/settings.

weather attribute value is:

"Periods of rain. High 53F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%."

Nothing matching my requirement, thus my query here.

Howdy, what I meant was add the driver to the dashboard eg:

Then select the Weather Underground device, attribute, and then whichever of the HTML options suits your needs:

And voila:

Apologies for the cropped screen shots, I’m on vacation interstate and doing this on my phone.

1 Like

If you go into the device itself you can find a the available data to choose from. I think the "forecastShort” field might be the one you are looking for.

But I don't want a forecast. I want to know the current weather.

How short is forecastShort? 30 seconds? 30 minutes? 3 hours?

Oh right, I believe what you want is in the “Weather” field:

:sunglasses:

Was there previously a weatherShort or similar field that has since been deprecated?

I want "Plentiful sunshine" without the additional info...

I'll have a look, I don't recall removing it, but if I did, it'll be easy to add back.

Gotcha, looks like the Hubitat Dashboard, will take another look. Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Ok, I fired up my Macbook and reviewed the code and data being returned, and good news, forecastShort is still there and working:

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 9.15.45 am

But if you want a really, really short description, there is:

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 9.29.31 am

All forecasts, not current conditions.

There are 2 API's that I call, one is current conditions, and the other is forecast data.

The former is limited to your PWS live data:

and the latter is where all the detail is - it's actually a combo of live data and forecast data and is updated continuously. As a result it's pretty much current conditions.

I think the issue may be related to using a PWS vs localized weather. I'll PM you...

Great community! I have been a developer of WordPress for many years; and just now beginning my venture into Hubitat programming.

Thanks for the weather app (and all the hard work). This is awesome, and looking like it has a ton of potential over other similar apps. However, I have ran into an issue.

When populating the "states" section, I have four items which seem to not have been initialized correctly. I have highlighted the issue in the screenshots below.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what these four items should be; and how to go about getting them to populate correctly?

EDIT: Well, apparently I'm still a noob and cannot upload pictures yet.
Under my "states" in the device admin area, I have:
formatLanguage : en-US
formatUnit : e
htmlDayAfterTomorrow : Weather for null
htmlToday : Weather for null
htmlTomorrow : Weather for null
htmlWarnings : Weather Warnings for null
lastPollTime : 15:11
latitude : 38.214900

It's the "html" and the "null" values that I'm questioning.
It looks like it might be my location not populating correctly?

1 Like

Do you have these options enabled?

If not, turn them on, hit save and then wait a minute before refreshing the browser window.

You might also need to use the clear state button and then manual poll to pull all the data down.

1 Like

Yes. those three options look exactly the same as your screenshot. I clicked "Clear State" and then "Poll"; with no change in results. I also do not see anything actually happening when I click those buttons, but assuming they are doing their job.

I just noticed this in my log for the device:

2023-01-07 09:55:14.756 PM[error]java.lang.NumberFormatException: null on line 921 (method poll)
[dev:50]2023-01-07 09:55:09.990 PM[warn]WU weather api did not return data from poll3 - 204
[dev:50]2023-01-07 09:55:00.269 PM[warn]WU weather api did not return data from poll1 - 204
[dev:50]2023-01-07 09:54:56.797 PM[info]WU Driver State Cleared.

I think there is an issue with your API key - I'd recommend pasting it back in from a plain text doco to ensure it doesn't pull any crap from the HTML.

Thank you, I really appreciate the suggestions. I have copied/pasted the api key multiple times; even entered manually. I have uninstalled the app; and reinstalled. Still getting same issue.

When I go to wunderground, and look at my devices, it says mine is offline. Which is probably correct; as I do not have any physical weather device.

At one point, just for fun, I tried renaming my device station ID to something random. I deleted the last three numbers in the ID, and entered a random set of three numbers. It then started pulling all the information correctly, but the weather was for an area about 60 miles away from me.

Here are the screenshots I was unable to upload previously.