[RELEASE] Enhanced Weather Underground Driver

v6.9.0 has just been released with the ability to enter custom Lat/Long Coordinates instead of using the hub location. Suggestion by @kampto and I pinched a bit of his code too. :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 1.55.21 pm

2 Likes

Regarding the errors on some stations where only 6 days are being returned from the WU 7 Day History data API call, I sent an email support request reporting the problem earlier today. I am still seeing the error, but in the newest WU driver release it's only reported as a warning and allows rest of the 3-day forecast and the rain history tiles to still work, I have added a 0 for the 7th day, for now.

If this continues, I have a workaround once I can confirm it is the 7th value missing which has been the current day, and just add in the current rain value from the current data API call.

Sorry for the inconvenience WU is causing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you able to test my Theory?

We already know only 6 values are getting returned. You can see in the two users and myself logs it is just missing a 7th value. WU is only returning 6 days of history where before it was always 7.

Hmm, I wonder if some folks are using a different day start time to the default. I really should remove the option to force 00:01.

Released: v6.9.3 - additional Logic to deal with only 6 days of rain data by @swade

Plus the ability to turn on or off the 3 day forecast and 7 rain history day tiles.

1 Like

So even though I left the 7 day rain history in in the default off position I still get the warnings? Unfortunate.

Haven't looked at the code, but sometimes the default values don't initialize completely. Might try to turn it on, save preferences, and then turn it back off and save again.

1 Like

Yep just went in and 'save device' and 'save preferences' then 'force poll' and no warnings. Thanks for the updates!

Try changing the option to less days and force a poll.

That setting does not change the warnings.

I’ve sent you a pm, I’ll try and test your config and see what is happening.

It took them a week, but I am now getting 7 days again in the Weather Underground 7-Day History file. From the little checking I did I only saw 6-day results in America PWS, and not Europe, Australia sites. No surprises here, but I never heard back from the emails to WU support.

2 Likes

Gonna assume these units are minutes?

Yep. It's not currently enforced, tho.

Release:

• v6.10.0 - @swade fixed all my LoFi code and made lots of improvements under the hood - it is highly recommended that you use the "ClearState" function and then force a manual poll after upgrading to this version.

• Also, please make sure after you upgrade before you do a poll, you save preferences even if you don't make any changes.

1 Like

Installed 6.10.0. Seems to be working well. Great job, and thanks!

1 Like

Just updated to 6.10.0.
Clicked on clearState (which seems to work)
Clicked on Poll and the following error was logged. The data does appear to be properly updating.

If it was only 1 time, then it may have been during the first-time conversion checking. If you get it again please let us know.

This setting has been removed in the latest release since the code was not fully enforcing the number of times polled. We looked and could not find any limit imposed from WU. The device driver does limit auto interval to a minimum of 5 minutes. If you feel you need more you would need to use RM to create your own polling interval.