[RELEASE] Elk M1 Integration

It is post 94 in this topic. You posted it on July 28.

It took me a few days (mostly because of inability to closely read and follow instructions), but I have this app running in a "test environment", i.e., neither the HE nor the Elk M1G are actually in use in a real environment. This is all POC for a new home that we won't move into for several months.

Installing the code was fairly easy. Just a lot of copying/pasting. It did take me a while to get the devices imported. To be honest, I don't remember why it took a while, but it was mostly me not carefully reading the instructions.

My setup is very basic... one M1G (with M1XEP for LAN access), three zones, three outputs, three tasks, and one keypad. The zones and outputs are not connected to anything. I trip a zone by shorting a wire across the terminals. The outputs trigger M1G rules that send text to the keypad whenever their state changes.

I haven't done exhaustive testing, but it seems to work well. Response time is very fast (sub-second) in both directions. If I trip a M1G zone, HE sees it in less than a second. If I use the HE device page to change the state of an M1G output, the M1G responds and runs an M1G rule to write text to the keypad in less than a second. I have a HE virtual switch that will trigger an HE rule to "push" a M1G task (defined as a button). That causes an M1G rule to write text to the keypad. Again... sub-second response.

It looks like the M1G child devices can be integrated into Apple Home via the HE HomeKit Bridge. All I've tried so far is to make an M1G zone visible on Apple Home (as a contact sensor), and that worked. Zone changes were updated on my iPhone within a couple of seconds.

Because the HE app supports M1G outputs and tasks, I'm confident that I can drive M1G voice messages when an HE device/sensor reports something I want broadcasted. This ws important to me.

My plan is to have the M1G do the home security stuff, which is what it does best. I will use HE sensors, etc., for things that are a little less critical (not life threatening), e.g., monitoring for water leaks. humidity, temperature/power for refrigerators, etc.

Bottom line... looks like it works well and will likely do the things I want it to do.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. It does work well.

Hi all! I just jumped on the c7 train! Long time professional security system installer, tons and tons of experience with elk m1 gold. I have the integration set up and I am able to arm and disarm via the driver but I cannot find a way to get the keypad and/or arm disarm functions on the dashboard. Is that even possible?