[RELEASE] Elk M1 Integration

I am new to Hubitat so I might ask some stupid questions.

First I have installed ELK twice but it does not let me delete any of them?
How do I set up the alarm in the dashboard?

I am getting this error. My system seems to be running fine but I do see this error with my Elk Integration.

dev:1592021-11-05 12:48:29.124 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.ArrayList.toInteger() is applicable for argument types: () values: []

Does anyone know what it is?

@silverton38 ,

Wow, two months ago. I'm very sorry I did not see this until now. If a system reboot doesn't fix it, you may need to talk to someone in the support forum about being unable to remove a device. Do you remember what you did to cause two to be installed?

Greg

@silverton38 ,

Is there any more information in the log like maybe a line number? Do you know what may have happened (like pushing a button) when the error was written?

Greg

Do you think I installed two instance of the app?

I did install and delete when first setting it up?

Name Namespace Capabilities Last Modified

Child Switch ogiewon 2021-09-28 11:54:42pm EDT
Elk M1 Driver belk 2021-09-14 8:49:06pm EDT
Elk M1 Driver Counter captncode 2021-09-14 8:45:42pm EDT
Elk M1 Driver Outputs belk 2021-09-14 8:49:28pm EDT
Elk M1 Driver Tasks belk 2021-09-14 8:50:37pm EDT
GoControl Wireless Remote Switch ajpri 2020-11-13 3:47:08pm EST
Logitech Harmony Hub Parent ogiewon 2021-09-28 11:49:12pm EDT
Ring Alarm Range Extender gen2 cococafe 2021-10-26 12:14:36pm EDT
Roomba dkilgore90 2021-10-26 12:42:08pm EDT
Somfy ZRTSI augoisms 2021-10-26 12:14:55pm EDT
Tesla trentfoley 2021-10-26 12:17:47pm EDT
TeslaDriver Snell 2021-10-26 12:15:18pm EDT
Virtual Motion with Switch ogiewon 2020-11-18 5:28:18pm EST

settings_applications

Elk M1 Application Elk M1 Application (user)

I only see one instance of Elk but I did install it twice. Could there be some ghost code?

I did already take care of the two applications. I think I am good with that. I just get this error above. All seems to work well otherwise.

Hi Greg,
I've decided to link my Elk-M1 system to Hubitat. It looks like it's working so far, but for some reason, I cannot arm. I can disarm, speak words, get the temp and zone voltages, but just not arm. Any clues?

Rule Machine bug:
Speaking Actions on the Elk M1 in Rule Machine results in the following error:

2021-11-22 09:52:15.478 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_captncode_Elk_M1_Driver_Text_To_Speech_476.speak() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, null) values: [Back yard fountain is on, null]
Possible solutions: speak(java.lang.String), grep(), inspect(), every(), sleep(long, groovy.lang.Closure), split(groovy.lang.Closure) on line 5526 (method speak)

Speaking the same thing via a Basic Rule works just fine.

Thank you for your attention.

Long time Elk installer here, new to Hubitat. I was following the instructions, adding the apps code and drivers code. I had the Elk App fail a few times, during import, and now I am stuck with 3 copies of the Elk M1 driver under DEVICES, and can't seem to remove the ones that are not working.

One is correct, but the remove button is grayed out. I can't delete everything, because it keeps referencing the 3 devices.

How can I delete these other 2?

Well, I couldn't figure out how to delete the extra 2 Elk Devices that were created. I keep getting failure for importing zones/outputs, etc. I entered the IP address of the panel, and an alarm code.

In @ekimmagrann version, I think I had to enter a panel password, one that I used with Ekeypad Pro, but in this version, I'm not asked to do so. So importing of all the zones/outputs, etc, fails. And each time I try, It seems to add another Elk M1 device that shows up in the device list.

I finally went to a backup and now use that to fall back on. But so far, I have not been able to import elk info into the hub.

@lhipkins Since you had the older version drivers, I need a bit more information to help. Had you removed the main Elk device before attempting the setup? Did you remove any of the additional devices for zones, etc? Was the older elk App still installed as well?

Greg, we worked on this M1 integration a few years ago. Remember?
I have been putting it to use since then, and now I see it is an app offered in Hubitat! Well done.
2 question for you.

1. If I create another single output, zone or task, How best to have it update into the HE? I tried moving everything again and this left duplicate devices that took me a while to sort out.
    Is there a way to have ELK just update the HE with a single device?

2. About Tasks. I want to fire an Elk task from HE. The tasks all came over fine to the HE and these are all define as "push" devices. How do I tell HE to fire one of these tasks?

A little off topic... using this integration app, will Elk M1 "devices" (zones, outputs, etc.) be visible from Homekit?

Thanks,
Ira

@captncode or anyone else...

At a previous home, my M1G (with M1TWA) made announcements over the speakers attached to the M1TWA. I mostly used the M1G vocabulary method for announcements, but I also had a couple of custom recorded messages. I had the typical announcements... "Garage door is open/closed", "Utility power is off/on", "Front door is open/closed", etc.

For our new home under construction, I will have an M1G, and most the sensors will either be hardwired to M1G zones or Elk 2-way wireless sensors. I also plan on having some sensors (most likely z-wave) controlled by HE, for example, temp/humidity sensors, water/leak sensors, etc.

When an HE rule is triggered by one of its sensors, e.g., a water leak is detected, is it possible for HE to tell the M1G to announce the leak, either by using a vocabulary message or a customer message? If so, how is it done? Does a HE rule tell the M1G that one of its zones has tripped, and a M1G rule does the announcement? Or is there a way to tell M1G to make an announcement even though nothing has tripped on the M1G?

I have a schematic of how I setup Elk and HE to process and announce audio. You can PM me for the schematic if you want.

At this point, I'm more interested in whether or not this app/driver is still supported. Do many people still use it? Is it stable? Did you get answers to your questions in your July 28 post? Both are questions I'm interested in, too.

I am using the Elk M1 Application written by belk. It works fine with the XEP interface.

I don't remember the questions you refer to. Send me a link to see.