[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

I think in this case, I want the event sent regardless of whether the temperature changed. It seems to only being sent as a result of a refresh action. I don't think the driver sends events every time the device it http communicates with changes (but I haven't confirmed that yet).

That might mean I need a driver modification that will send an event whenever the driver recognizes a change in parameter. Versus trying to have sendEvent filtering events.

Hello there, I installed the latest package 4.1.8.0 but apparently have some older code on my hub, I have installed this unsuccessfully some time back from code not from HPM. My latest install (last week) was thru HPM but I think some old code is lingering keeping things from working correctly. My Device is 3.6.4.1, my Socket is 3.3.1.1. I can't delete these cause it says they are in use by the devices even though I have the newer ones installed. Should I delete everything and start over or is there a better idea? @tonesto7 Thanks

On your Devices page, open each of these two devices. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the “In use by” section, click on each of the links, which will take you to the automation (Rule or Notification, etc.) that is using the old device. Switch the device being used in the automation to the new version equivalent on Echo Speaks. Repeat for each “In use by” item until there are no more. Then you will be able to delete the old versions.

Alternatively, and more drastic (but not necessary if you follow the above steps) you could delete the Rules / notifications that use the old versions, delete the old versions, and re-create the deleted rules / notifications.

In the Echo routines there is the ability to play a sound 'Doorbell 2'. Among others. In Echo Speaks there is a function called 'Play Sound By Name'. I tried using this with Doorbell 2 but no response. Is this what that function is supposed to do?

I’ve been using Echo Speaks for over a year in two homes. I realize that I have two server apps both logged in to the same Amazon account to connect on Echo devices at both homes.

Is there an easy way to have both Hubitat devices connect to the same Heroku server?

Outstanding work on the updated app!! Not used it before on HE but only took me 5 minutes to fully install.
My 7 Echo devices have all appeared in HE and work flawlessly :slight_smile:
Is there any way to read the built in temperature sensor on my Echo 4th Gen? ES pulls tonnes of info from the device but not the temperature.
Also, are there any plans to support Fire Cube in the future?

2 Likes

Thanks for the assistance, I had to take the scenic route around getting the old handlers deleted, but they are gone. Now we'll see if it works.

1 Like

So I am seeing these errors after clearing up my code issues. All drivers are current version and there are no errors on the app. Thanks in advance.

Wish I could be of more help. I’ve got one Echo Dot and 7 Echo Gen 1 devices, and they just chug right along.

Hi;

Just a quick question. I have two hubs that are installed in different locations. Am I able to install the App on both locations so I would have the echo devices crashed in both?

Thanks!

I would suggest

Reboot your system
Then re authenticate echo speaks with amazon

I will take a shot at this, but I have never tried it.

I think as long as you log in to both Heroku and Amazon with the same credentials, and using the same Heroku "code" I think it would work.

How do I change which Heroku the app is pointing to?

HE console -> ES App
-> Alexa Login Service: Login Status | Cookie Service -> Manage Cookie Login Service -> Reset Options

I'm not sure on same server - I have not tried it.

That doesn’t allow me to select the Heroku name or provide the name of the other instance. I tried that and it generates a new name.

@tonesto7

First of all, I'm not sure the issue is ES, but may have to do with RM.

I have a need to play a chime (every hour), if I go into the device (a Echo Speaks Zone), and enter the URI (from Amazon Skills Kit) of

<audio src="soundbank://soundlibrary/musical/amzn_sfx_bell_short_chime_01"/>

in "Play Text" command, it works fine, but if I attempt to play it via a Custom Action in RM, it won't play. First of all you can't enter the text as shown above as a value for the first parameter, it disappears. If I change it to:

&lt;audio src=&quot;soundbank://soundlibrary/musical/amzn_sfx_bell_short_chime_01&quot;/&gt;

I can enter it, but it is not interpreted as a URI.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Alan

Trying to do something similiar as I posted a few posts above. Would like to figure out how to play a chime or doorbell sound using ES.

playSound only understands a small number of sounds.

bells, buzzer, church_bell, aircraft, etc.

These are listed in ES main app around 5317.

If you want to use the entire sound library see:

There are tonnes of Sound FX music files on Amazon Music, probably same on Spotify etc.

I have just setup the following for my doorbell:

I looked in the app, but didn’t get as far as line 5000 and something..:grin:

Thanks for the info.