[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

As stated voice commands as text seem to be working fine. I just sent a "Weather" request though it:

Play Announcement seems to still be working, attributes change but not hearing anything from Speak, or Play Text on Gen 2 dots.

1 Like

I'm having similar issues too. Although my Alexa routines and Echo Speaks/webCoRE Pistons that include the use of Alexa text-to-speech are working, the actual text-to-speech portions are not.

• Example #1 - My Alexa 'Good Morning' routine's first three steps are turning on my lights, then telling me that she turned the lights on, saying me the weather, then more stuff. Although she turned the lights on fine, nothing happened after that.
  • Example #2 - A motion-activated Echo Speaks/webCoRE Piston for my main bathroom, turns on the light, welcomes me to the bathroom then plays some music from Pandora, etc. Today, the light was turned on, then after a time gap where the voice 'welcome' normally happens, she played the music.

The issue exists on all twelve of my active Echo devices - including a mixture of Dots and Shows of multiple sizes and generations. Since the issue involves both Echo Speaks/webCoRE and Alexa Routines, it appears to be an Amazon problem.

I am having the same issue as well. My door open and close phrases do not work, but clicking on welcome home will play the phrase.

Try it now. I just did a few text to speech tests and they are working on my Echo Dots and main Echo's. Whatever Amazon broke seems to have been fixed.

Agreed

1 Like

Yep, working now. Phew!

1 Like

Is there any update on a docker container? the heroku deadline is just over a month away...

1 Like

Constantly asking about updates on the container isn't going to make it happen any sooner.

When it's ready, we'll ALL know about it via this thread and others.

Have patience and let them work in peace.

8 Likes

Hi guys!

Is @tonesto7 working to update Echo Speaks V4 to work without the need of Heroku server or should I migrate to an alternative solution running a local server? If so, are there instructions or a step-by-step to make it in Windows 11 Pro?

Thanks in advance!

@marcusvrsilva This is the last update we have had, from sept 9th.

4 Likes

Totally understood. the thread is kinda long, so was just trying to figure out if that was the last update we'd heard.

2 Likes

"It is important to note that Heroku will end our free product plans for Heroku Dynos, Heroku PostgreSQL and Heroku Data for Redis on November 28, 2022 (announced in this Heroku blog post). Even after logging back into your account, you will need to upgrade data resources and dynos using free plans by November 28, 2022 to avoid any data loss or service interruptions."

I think the best thing we can do is support @tonesto7 by tossing some bucks his way. Here's one way to do that: Donate That is his PayPal account for donations taken from the EchoSpeaks app itself. I find that Echo Speaks is super critical in my home for so many things that I take for granted. We don't really use dashboards at all. Almost all automations are completely automagical. But I use EchoSpeaks extensively to let us know what's going on in the house. I really appreciate the hard work supporting this community app takes and how critical it is to many of us.

6 Likes

Agree!
Done.

1 Like

Worth every penny. I donated this morning.

1 Like

Same. Love this integration. 🫶

If I were a developer, I would think that equally important is not receiving repeated pings here in this thread about the upcoming change to Heroku’s free tier and questions about when this app will be updated.

He’s as aware as the rest of us and I doubt that getting bugged about it here will result in the update being released any sooner than he’s planning to.

Even if he does receive some more PayPal donations (which I of course agree with, nonetheless, and have sent his way before).

10 Likes

Can’t argue with that!

1 Like

Newbie question, I see voice monkey is an API based service. Would that be a reasonable replacement for echo speaks? I see they have decent integration with SmartThings others but nothing for hubitat. Am I missing something or does it address the basic use cases?
My goal is to have TTS announcements on Alexa devices. Also like the ability to send photos to echo show.
Thanks for any input, I'm looking for the easiest solution:)

1 Like