[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

Me too.

Repeated it after noticing the error messages just in case.

But just checked and the error messages stopped at just before 11am EST today.

Same timing here- I wonder if it could have something to do with Amazon?

1 Like

Has anyone else experienced the issue where they will run a command through echo speaks to Play(), SearchAmazonMusic(), etc. and while the logs report the command correctly going through, echo/alexa doesn't respond/play music.

I can even see in the amazon recent activity page the requests coming through, but will work very sporadically if not at all. Just wanted to check and see if anyone has run into this issue before and if they were able to resolve it.

Is anyone else experiencing memory leak like symptoms since installing Echo Speaks?

I used to reboot my C7 weekly, but now if I don’t reboot it daily, it starts running like a dog half way through the next day.

I’ve only had Echo Speaks installed for a couple of weeks and nothing else has been changed on my hub.

Echo Speaks Is by far the biggest resource user too.

I don’t think it is related

I expect your overall usage vs uptime is < 2%

True, nothing else has changed tho. :man_shrugging:

Super pleased with this app - it has been rock solid for me (knocks on wood).
Is it possible or can anyone describe how I can communicate to the Alexa App on the phone? I'm using Follow Me (a hubitat app to presence sense and have audio messages only in the room I'm in) and I'm working to set that when I leave - messages follow me to the phone - NOT as a text, but as an audial message through my car? I can't determine how to add an Alexa device for the phone app... or if it's possible. TY.

Just any FYI you can use Echo Speaks Zones + Actions to do a form of Follow-me

@tonesto7 is this something to be worried about or can I just ignore this???

app:52021-09-27 08:39:43.598 pm errorEchoApp (v4.1.9.9) | wakeupServerResp Exception: java.lang.Exception: No response data exists for async request
app:52021-09-27 08:39:43.593 pm errorEchoApp (v4.1.9.9) | wakeupServerResp | Stack Trace: java.lang.Exception: No response data exists for async request
  at hubitat.scheduling.AsyncResponse.getData(AsyncResponse.groovy:71)
  at user_app_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_67.wakeupServerResp(user_app_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_67.groovy:2200)
app:52021-09-27 08:39:43.572 pm errorEchoApp (v4.1.9.9) | wakeupServerResp Server may be down / unreachable
app:52021-09-27 08:39:43.568 pm warn EchoApp (v4.1.9.9) | wakeupServerResp: 408

This suggests your heroku server is unreachable.

You can try:

• check if your heroku server is up
  • reboot (nicely) your HE hub (HE console -> Settings -> Reboot)
  • shutdown (nicely) you HE hub, and power off for 30 seconds
1 Like

Looks like Amazon is “fixing” something, been seeing this for about 48 hours now:

1 Like

Seeing the same here

I wonder if this is related to problems the some of us have been having with an Alexa-related Node Red pallete.

@Royski @erktrek @jasazick

4 Likes

My thought as well...

1 Like

Amazon changed their WebSocket :frowning:
I need to find a new way to get access. We were using the same WebSocket in use at alexa.amazon.com.

The interesting part is that they broke their own site. So either they are about to discontinue the outdated Alexa website or they are about to replace it with a more modern version.

5 Likes

Looks like both the web site and the WebSocket are back up and running. I use that site to provide feedback and do some minor maintenance to Alexa skills that are installed. The phone app is so badly designed and hate to pull out a when when I am working on my PC.

2 Likes

I've noticed that the wasLastSpokenToDevice isn't registering on my setup anymore, but it is still working for @Pantheon . This stopped working a few days ago.

Yes, I just tested again, and it appears to be working normally.

Thanks for the update

I'm getting these messages still. Is this something that you're working on or do I need to do something? Thanks!
app:4382021-10-04 02:54:05.924 pm warn EchoApp (v4.1.9.9) | CODE UPDATES REQUIRED: Echo Speaks Integration may not function until the following items are ALL Updated [Echo Speaks Server]...

app:4382021-10-04 02:54:05.327 pm warn EchoApp (v4.1.9.9) | 400 DnDResp