[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

I have a fix queued up for Tony to release on this.

1 Like

I have a fix queued up for Tony on this. Would appreciate help testing once he pushes it.

I see there is a new update this morning:

It worked! Thank you and @tonesto7 . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello. Just getting into Echo Speaks now and it seems like this will be fun.

Will there be support added to allow the Echo to whisper?

It supports all SSML features like whisper, tone, voice.

Under actions, there is a speech designer where you can build them.

Running the latest version (4.1.2.0 client, 2.7.0 server) but now seeing this in the error log...

dev:10582021-04-03 20:52:12.533errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_Device_1665.deviceNotification() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [Warning, someone is in the treats cupboard!] Possible solutions: removeNotification(java.lang.String) (deviceNotification)

Any ideas?

It is a bug. I have a fix queued to tony

If you want to fix in interim semd a private message to me

1 Like

Thanks @nh.schottfam... happy to wait for the next release... assuming it’s imminent...? :wink:

Any ideas on thes? The device errors are from two echos I mute every night and unmute every morning. Not sure what the app errors correspond to, except that it is odd they are exactly 3 hours apart and if you look back in the log that's a definite pattern. Here's the version info...

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.53.21 AM

a fix is into Tony to release for this.

Awesome, thank you for the quick update.

@tonesto7 @nh.schottfam

Something changed the way it speaks time. For example, in the text "Alarm set for 7:00 AM", it used to speak "seven o'clock". Now it says "seven oh oh". I'm not sure exactly when that changed but I think it's some time over the past couple of weeks. Is that something on Amazon's end or in the echo speaks software?

Try checking and changing the setting "Text Transformations" to see if it changes anything.

In HE console
-> Apps -> Echo Speaks -> "Manage Logging and Metrics" -> "Disable Text Transformation"

I'm not sure that is issue, but something to try.

After that we can try some other things via private messages and log sharing.

Didn't work.

One more thing, while we're at it: the "speak text and restore" command doesn't set the volume properly anymore. This basic test fails to set the volume to 1% before speaking the text:

The best way to confirm if it's an amazon change is to create an alexa routine to speak the same text and see if it happens there.

Alexa won't let me create a routine to speak that text: it gives the error "Phrases can't contain special characters" (complaining about the colon). Does that mean it's an Echo Speaks bug?

That's an Amazon restriction

I have posted a fix for this volume issue to Tony.

We are still trying to understand your initial issue on time, and what changed and where....

Thanks. Please let me know if there's anything else you need from me for the speech issue.