[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

@bertabcd1234
Thanks very much for your guess. I appreciate you taking the time.
However, I don't think so - but just in case, I went to the SmartThings IDE and deleted everything (I mean everything). Let's give it some time, to see if that does anything.
I am always willing to go with the hunches of someone who has a lot of experience.

peeping in here - I ran through a similar issue - and got similar advice. At first, going to the Smartthings IDE and clearing everything didn't have an effect - until weeks later when I stumbled over my login to the new Samsung account which basically was the same stuff! I posted on here somewhere about that... check both accounts!

Not sure if this was your issue, but either way, on a related note, I'd be sure to log in from account.smartthings.com, not specific "shard" links that you might find in some docs (like what I believe was the original graph.api.smarthings.com or any of other regional-looking links you may see, which may not actually be where your account lives--but it will not let you know and will look like it's working, though your may or may not see here the same things you'd see in the app).

You can create a zone device, and that can be used by other applications including RM

The device has various commands to play an announcement.

If ES Actions can do your logic, you may find it is easier than using another app. It also understands zones.

Thanks. The thing I was missing was to enable "Create a virtual device for this zone".

What does "Convert Zone speak commands to announcements" mean/do? Is there documentation for this stuff?

My original question of notification vs speech vs music device still stands though. The (virtual) zone I created shows up in all three lists when I choose "Send, Speak or Log a Message" for the action. If I select custom command, I have a list of commands to choose from.

Is there some documentation I haven't found, or some guidance on the best way to send announcements?

Thanks.

I thought Tony has some documentation (or HE capabilities)

You can play with a driver to understand play vs. announce.

The other special thing is parallel speak

1 Like

Just installed the app yesterday and getting to grips with the various functionality, but it doesn't appear that all of my Alexa routines have been imported during setup. Is there any way to refresh/update the routines in the app?

Hi Everyone

How do I see what's playing on Multiroom Speakers?

I mean I can see on Alexa but not on Hubitat.

thank you for your attention

I've been using Echo Speaks to turn Alexa Guard on and off for months, now, and it's always worked great. But lately it's throwing an error when trying to turn Alexa guard on, and then it never tries to turn it off. Here's a sample of what I'm seeing:

The first symptom was actually Alexa Guard turning on when I left the house, but never turning off. I turned it off verbally. Since then I just get the error above.

app info:

1 Like

I'm seeing the same thing even though I'm on server 2.7.2.

Me also.

Tony will need to look at this. We have been dealing with over the last month the Alexa api changing underneath us..
@tonesto7

3 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of issues with Amazon. Most of my Echos are not connecting to the internet today.
I think Amazon is changing a lot of stuff on the back end.
I will look into it tomorrow

2 Likes

Oh Amazon can't leave well enough alone. All my music services on the Synology have stopped working, not a Echo Speaks issue but the changes to their services on the back end.

I noticed a somewhat weird quirk the last few weeks. I have an Echo Speaks Action set with the trigger as the Hubitat mode changing to Away. There are several execution actions in Echo Speaks, including turning off lights, setting volumes, etc. One particular action is to "Say Goodbye" using the Builtin Speech Config option. This typically says one of Alexa's random goodbye phrases, but the last few weeks when the random goodbye phrase is "Hasta la vista baby", the Echo says something like "Hesta la vesta byebay". It sounds like it's trying to speak a non-english language. All actions still execute just fine, it's just interesting sometimes when my Echo tries to speak a different language.

Anyone else able to replicate this quirk?

This has me laughing... I honestly have no idea what is going on at Amazon lately there has been weird behaviour across the board... They seem to be making changes everywhere

1 Like

Halloween is approaching.

2 Likes

We will eventually get things back to normal. I'm just waiting to see what things they are changing before trying to fix them all.

5 Likes

My wife asked if it's possible that Alexa had a stroke. Honestly, at this point with all the other crazy inexplicable changes going on at Amazon, I wouldn't be surprised.

1 Like

im not crazy big bang theory GIF
I feel SLIGHTLY less crazy after reading the confirmations in this thread. I am amongst friends.

2 Likes