[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

Take a look at the play announcement command:

https://tonesto7.github.io/echo-speaks-docs/devicesupport/commands/speech_commands/#playannouncementmessage

Your also not wrong... ES cost samsung more money to operate than any of us would have ever imagined

I have ES set to run a blank announcement when a perimeter door opens (so it just plays the announcement tone) I have it set to go to 100 volume and then restore back to 30. Works well except when music is playing on the device. if music is playing it will crank the volume to 100 before stopping the music, then stop the music,play the announcement, and then return to normal volume. Anyway of being able to stop that blast of loudness I'm getting?

I'm trying to make an iOS shortcut to hit a cloud endpoint with a text variable and then have one of my echo's speak the text sent over. There's not a way to pull a variable from a URL within Hubitat is there?

A URL endpoint with text variables is fairly trivial if you use webCoRE. I have a piston example if that is part of your Hubitat applications.

I wouldn't mind seeing it. :thinking:

Including both snapshots.

usage is:

https://cloud.hubitat.com/api/bd7e....69ef/apps/306/execute/:e6a...47e06:?access_token=21a1....7466&task=EchoSpeakAllRooms&text=howdy

or

https://cloud.hubitat.com/api/bd7e....69ef/apps/306/execute/:e6a...47e06:?access_token=21a1....7466&task=EchoSpeakGuestBedroom&level=50&text=howdy

You need to urlencode the text phrase to be legal with spaces.

1 Like

Thanks! I have this implemented in webCoRE but am moving away from SmartThings toward a more local environment. Just hoping to find a way to do it via maker or rule machine.

webCoRE in my opinion runs better on Hubitat and is all local. Only the actual configuration of the piston is done non-local. Plus you get email with webCoRE. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm. I'll check it out! Thanks!

NEW RELEASE v3.6.4.1

Main App (v3.6.4.1)

• FIXED: Bumped device version to the latest release.
  • UPDATED: Added new device id's for devices reported through GitHub.

Echo Device (v3.6.4.1)

• FIXED: SiriusXM music searches using Actions.
  • REMOVED: Web calls for Wifi Details to reduce the amount of requests.

Action App (v3.6.4.0)

• ADDED: Support for buttons under Hubitat. There are 4 types (pushableButton, releasableButton, holdableButton, doubleTapableButtons)
  • FIXED: SiriusXM music searches using Actions.
  • FIXED: Occasional isNumber() exception when using more than one temp sensor as a trigger is now resolved.
  • FIXED: Other minor bugfixes and UI tweaks.

Zone App (v3.6.4.0)

• FIXED: Other minor bugfixes.

6 Likes

Sorry if this had been answered but its unclear whether echo speak lite was released ...
I've switched to the Hubitat...but I use echo speak on my parents smart things and then miss hearing that the "fridge is open, foods a spoiling"

I don't see anything on this post or in Github about the lite version so it's safe to say it's not released yet. I'm sure you'll see something here once it's released.

tonesto7 any update?

I am still having the same error I posted above about needing to update.

I have updated everything and even done a repair installation via Hubitat Package Manager. The apps and driver code seems to reflect the correct version, but the app itself never seems to pick up on the newer versions.

Same here, updated from HPM and manually but seeing same error.

1 Like

I am seeing this "Updates Required" warning as well.

@tonesto7 Here are some of the app states that maybe related; note that authValid and noAuthActive are both true.

App States

authValid true
authValidHistory [true, true, true]
codeVersions {server=2.6.0, echoDevice=3.6.3.2, mainApp=3.6.3.1}
curAppVer 3.6.4.1
noAuthActive true
resumeConfig false

1 Like

@neonturbo
I do apologize for not dealing with this sooner as this is a scenario that never occurs for me so I didn't think was possible.

@tony.fleisher Thanks for the state info!
I will look into it this morning

1 Like

NEW RELEASE v3.6.4.2

Main App (v3.6.4.2)

• FIXED: Rare scenario where auth was valid and noAuthActive state was true causing devices to not update there version info and stop functioning
3 Likes

Has anyone else seen an issue with Echo Speaks where the Audio Track, Current Album, Track Image and Track description are not updating? I am using Amazon Music and noticed this has not been working for a few months now. I am on the most current release (3.6.4.2). Using a Gen 3 echo dot. Everything else is working and I don't see any logged errors. Looking at the device state information, it continues to show the following and will not update no matter what music I play.

• audioTrackData : {"title":"The Longest Time","artist":"Billy Joel","album":"All '80s Station","albumArtUrl":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71YP2Ch55yL.UL600.jpg","mediaSource":"Amazon Music"}
  • btDevicesPaired : {"names":["SAMSUNG-SM-J320V","Galaxy Tab S2"]}
  • currentAlbum : Billy Joel
  • currentStation : All '80s Station

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank