[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

Truthfully,

I'm not even sure how this is possible to loop like that unless the queue is being completely ignored.

I will play with this tonight.

What exactly are you using to send the command to the device?
What program or automation?

@tonesto7

I tried logging into dashboard.heroku.com, both on Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer. After entering my Username & Password and clicking on Login, the login page flashes (refreshes) and nothing else?

I even clicked on updating my Password, it sent me an email on a page to update my Password (used the same one as before). Went back again to try to login, but all it does is refresh the page after I click on Login?

How do I manually restart the instance on the Heroku Server? Below is a screen shot after logging into Heroku. Where do I go from here?

Just a basic Rule Machine routine that monitors contact sensors, then responds to changes with voice notifications to echo devices in different rooms.

Can you humor me and pause your rule machine rule?
Try duplicatiing the rule using zones and actions in echo speaks and see if you are still seeing this error.

Is there anyway to run your own server using this app?

I paused the HE Rule and created an action within Echo Speaks. It seems to be working without any notable error. I never before used Echo Speaks to create any Triggers and/or Actions. A little difficult without guidance. ...and I have many rules, created over the last year or so that I would hate to have to re-create. Was working perfectly over the last 6+ months or so. Not sure what may have happened...

Did you say you were thinking the Error Loop is being caused by Heroku?

Is there anyway to call routines from rule machine?

After updating Echo Speaks to v3.5.0.0 none of my Echo's are working and periodically I am seeing the following in the logs:

EchoApp (v3.5.0.0) | receiveEventData Error: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: A3F1S88NTZZXS9 for class: java.lang.String

Your not the only one to report this issue :frowning:
I'm having a hard time tracking it down. It doesn't help that work has been taking up all my time lately.

I will try and look again this afternoon

1 Like

I am interested in this as well. I haven't been able to figure it out.

I don't use actions in Echo Speaks so I use this driver to call routines from Rule Machine.

The option you are looking for is RUN

This is not running Alexa Routines directly from RM.
Using a virtual MotionSwitch, EXPOSED to Alexa, allows for the following:
RM->set vMotionSwitch->Alexa detects->Routine executes

This also means you have to create a corresponding virtual MotionSwitch for every single Alexa routine you want to run, expose that to Alexa and set Alexa up to react to this. More than a handful & it becomes untenable! But it does/will work.

There IS a way of running the Alexa Routines DIRECTLY from HE & RM.

Subject to correction, it is not documented on the HE community site, but it is available on the ST community site. It involves a rather convoluted process to extract the Alexa Routine ID (steps are provided) and then do a web call directly to Alexa from RM using this extracted ID, bypassing virtual MotionSwitches etc. etc.

Depends on your viewpoint.

Correct

I don't have a problem with it. I have more than a handful.

Please explain how to do this in RM and I may change my current method.

I only responded because this post :point_up: was from 3 days ago and I assumed they meant via Echo speaks. Nobody else addressed it so I offered a way to do it.

You can call directly from echo speaks actions.

You still need a virtual switch or something to monitor locally.

Works good and better then having a virtual contact for every routine and Alexa monitor state changes.

1 Like

@GatVlieg you can execute routines using an echo speech device from Room machine but you will have to get the routine ID and then execute it using anyone of your echo speaks devices with the execute routine command.
I’m driving right now but I’m pretty sure the link to get the routines is under the documents a page with the commands

When I get a minute I can add a page into the app that will easily list all the IDs in the names so you can just copy and paste them

1 Like

If you’re just trying to execute routines based on simple triggers it’s a really easy way to do it under the actions it allows you to select all of your available routines to use