[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

All his code for echo speaks is here ---> GitHub - tonesto7/echo-speaks-server

No need to attempt shaiming @tonesto7 in this thread.

4 Likes

Yes, yes you are. When you call portions of someones work "..(at minimum) a little shady" and "..not appropriate", I think that qualifies.

Seriously, yeah because that's the same thing.

Clearly you still haven't read his original post and have absolutely no idea how user created apps are installed. Everything you question is answered. @Evilborg pointed you to the source code, clearly listed in the original post, source code which you have to copy and paste or import(that's how user created apps are installed). All right in front of you. You just have to read. Or you could just write your own apps, problem solved.

8 Likes

Hello everyone! I am coming over from SmartThings, where I was a big Echo Speaks user. What is the best way to go about installing it on Hubitate? When you click the install options in the Header, it seems to take you to documentation of installing it on Smarthings. I can imagine it differs from Hubitat?

Whats the best way to go about installing here.

Hi all, Im a switcher recently switching from smarthings. I had it working perfectly on ST but on hubitat i cant get it to show any installed devices.

Ive logged in and its working fine just no devices show.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

Welcome to the Community!

Echo Speaks Documentation

Hubitat Package Manager. It is the easiest and fastest way to install complex apps like this.

If you have never installed an app or driver in Hubitat, check out the documentation how to do so: Apps Code - Hubitat Documentation

1 Like

Make sure you have installed the drivers also.

I have the same experience as you, the app doesn't show devices but the devices are in my device list. The devices are working so I just left it at that.

Thanks for this reply. I greatly appreciate it.

Anyone else have Echo Speaks quit working?

Yes, last night, found I was no longer logged into Amazon through the Alexa app in HE

Once I got that fixed, all is well in Alexa land

I got logged out also.

Me 3.

For some reason, I had to do a new password. I even went right to Amazon to verify, and it made me do a full password reset with two factor and the whole business.

Maybe Amazon is trying to keep us from using this backdoor method?

1 Like

Happened to me in node red today. Full security verified password reset. Lol I just got it working yesterday. I thought id done something wrong.

1 Like

I also was logged out and had to create a new password. I updated Heroku and got a new cookie, but nothing works for me now. All my devices are there and the app shows everything OK, but I can't get any device to do anything at this point.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me as @neonturbo and @jkudave . I was forced to reset my Amazon password w/ 2FA and a capcha.

I got a new cookie for ES but it still isn't working, as in device speech tests do nothing. Strangely, after doing that password reset dance and getting a new cookie this morning I started getting expired cookie messages in the log this afternoon:

app:1372020-08-26 06:51:38.522 pm info EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Cookie data was updated | Reinitializing App... | Polling should restart in 10 seconds...
app:1372020-08-26 06:51:22.507 pm warn EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | wakeupServer | Cookie or CSRF Missing... Skipping Wakeup
app:1372020-08-26 06:51:09.378 pm warn EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Cookie Data has been cleared and Device Data Refreshes have been suspended...
app:1372020-08-26 06:50:30.829 pm warn EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Cookie Data has been cleared and Device Data Refreshes have been suspended...
app:1372020-08-26 06:23:41.079 pm warn EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Amazon Cookie Has Expired or is Missing!!! Please login again using the Heroku Web Config page...
app:1372020-08-26 05:23:41.075 pm warn EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Amazon Cookie Has Expired or is Missing!!! Please login again using the Heroku Web Config page...
app:1372020-08-26 04:23:41.054 pm warn EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Amazon Cookie Has Expired or is Missing!!! Please login again using the Heroku Web Config page...
app:1372020-08-26 04:06:40.293 pm errorEchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | wakeupServerResp Exception: java.lang.Exception: No response data exists for async request
app:1372020-08-26 03:23:41.069 pm warn EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Amazon Cookie Has Expired or is Missing!!! Please login again using the Heroku Web Config page...
app:1372020-08-26 03:06:34.054 pm errorEchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | validateCookie | Request Timeout | Msg: Connect to alexa.amazon.com:443 [alexa.amazon.com/99.86.35.214] failed: Read timed out
app:1372020-08-26 02:23:41.078 pm warn EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Amazon Cookie Has Expired or is Missing!!! Please login again using the Heroku Web Config page...

The latest log entries are me re-re-generating the cookie. Still no speech from ES though...

2 Likes

Same here. Forgot to say that above. Everything looks OK, but no voice. I get this error:

[error]org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MethodSelectionException: Could not find which method playAnnouncement() to invoke from this list:

@tonesto, any idea what the heck happened?

1 Like

Whatever Amazon did or is doing, definitely screwed the pooch here. Hopefully @tonesto7 has some ideas.

1 Like

Me as well. Last night.

1 Like

ugh why does amazon have to break our toys???

1 Like