[RELEASE] Device Watchdog

Started Device watchdog and Sengled bulb issues - Custom Apps and Drivers / Custom Apps - Hubitat

I have been unsuccessful in getting DW to upload and run in Hubitat. I have Bundle Manager HPM loaded, which seemed to be a prerequisite. However, when I try to get Hubitat to open the downloaded local DW zip file to load the app, I get this error:
"library not found on line 45: #include BPTWorld.bpt-normalStuff"
If I try to use the URL for the zip file in Hubitat, I get this error:
"Cannot process bundle"

What am I missing? Thanks.

Did you run Bundle Manager HPM? It's only a placeholder and will setup the full Bundle Manager. Once that is setup, use Bundle Manger to download anything you want.

Thanks! Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know how to "run" it. If I click the BM HPM link in the Apps Code tab, it just takes me to the code itself. DW Tile is listed in the Driver's Code tab, but not BM HPM. Nor is it listed in the Apps, as you point out. So, where do I "run" BM HPM from?

Update: Never mind! I finally realized the "Add User App" button on the Apps page (rather than Apps Code page) was all I needed. Instructions for the Bundle Manager, as well as the instructions for your other bundles, are clear and helpful. And DW is now up and running. Thank you for your help, and your app.

1 Like

Sorry - I'm unable to find the installation directions. I can't find it in HPM and I installed Bundle Manager, but don't see a search function.

This is now only available through BM.
If you read that thread you should find how to install BM and it's associated apps.

1 Like

I installed Bundle HPM. When I went back and installed Bundle Manager it all made sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bryan - before submitting logs etc wanted to make sure I understood expected results. I have Dev watchdog setup monitoring activity and battery on various device. When I run a report on activity, I see several devices where last activity is greater than the 48 hrs I have set as the interval to be considered inactive. I also have a virtual switch configured to turn on when there are inactive devices to report. However, the switch appears to never turn on.

Same thing with Battery - there's a device with low battery in the report, but the virtual device for battery doesn't get turned on.
Am I understanding expected behavior correctly? Is there some additional configuration I missed that would prevent those switches from turning on?

A bit more information - this may or may not have anything to do with not turning on the device when there's an issue:
I've been getting notifications from hubitat that simply say "Nothing to report". I haven't been able to determine what app is sending them yet. As you can see below, I have Device Watchdog configured to only send a push if there is something to report, so I assume it should not be coming from there.
I'm just wondering if there is something in the underlying logic about when to send a push and when to turn on a switch where I've configured things in the wrong direction. Happy to post logs but I'm not sure what to post.

Hi,
I would need to see a screenshot of the debug log when triggering the report.

Hi @bptworld , how do I configure "Status report" so that it only reports devices for specific status. for example "not present", I don't want to have report, I would like to have report only when there is something to pay attention to, for example to replace battery or re-connect sensor, makes sense?

The status report simply shows you the current status and the last activity date for any device.

Use the battery report

Use the Activity report

1 Like

Thanks, I am configuring "Activity" report, however I don't see why you can't add same option for "Status" report as for Activity, namely "App will only display NON-PRESENT Devices"
Reason I am saying that I found Status report very accurately detects ZigBee device issue as most of the device report presence nowadays. You can have additional Filter option for filtering NON-PRESENT status only, again it works very well and I don't see why limit Status to what it is now and not include option to report NON-PRESENT devices.

You will need to test... Currently, the battery-powered devices that use TS004F driver will report 'healthStatus offline' after 12 hours of no any activity received form the device - key press or battery report or anything else

1 Like

This accurately reflects offline status.

I haven't changed the color of the dashboard tile yet, and I haven't received the notification with the requested telegram.

I am going to test the offline reflection on the dashboard today.
스크린샷_20230131_062954

It's reflected well.
스크린샷_20230201_020344

1 Like

When the battery is normal, after a day, it switches to the offline display.
If you press the button, it's online.

Thank you for the tests!

Here the important result is that Device Watchdog works fine and as expected, generating reports based on the new healthStatus custom attribute.

For the issue with the particular device and driver - let's continue the troubleshooting the the thread of the particular driver used.

1 Like

I hope that HE will officially add the On/Off check function later and display it in a small circle at the top left of the dashboard.

1 Like