[RELEASE] Device Watchdog

In another topic, I see the following post. I have no idea how to create this report with Device Watchdog. Please help. Thank you.

1 Like

For that report, you would need to use "Hub Watchdog" instead of "Device Watchdog" :wink:

1 Like

Tile is working perfectly in Hubitat Dashboard but when I try to add the tile in Sharptools it looks like this. I tried to search through the thread to find the answer and it may alrady be in

here but I couldnt find it.

Any help would be appreciated I may just have something not right on the sharptools side.

Thank you

SharpTools doesn't support the display of arbitrary HTML for security reasons.

Is there an option to output a text-only version of the summary?

1 Like

Not at this time.

2 Likes

I'm not sure why but it seems that DW no longer works with xiaomi devices with markus' recent drivers. One of my sensors has been offline for 2 weeks with no notifications from DW at all. I just noticed it from the warning in the device logs when I happened to have a look at them.

EDIT: This from the first post of that device driver thread [Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara / Opple Drivers with Presence! :

For those that monitor Last Activity to see if the devices are online, that will not work as expected with these drivers, check the Presence attribute instead.

Would it be possible to add presence as well?

Why drop 'last activity'!? That makes no sense. I'll shot Marcus a message and see what can be done.

Thanks

2 Likes

New version.

If using the Xiaomi drivers by Markus, all devices need to use the Special Tracking option as they don't utilize 'Last Activity'.

2.3.5 - 10/30/20 - Adjustments to Special Tracking

1 Like

Is that the one called Send Special Tracking Report?

EDIT - didn't see the new version!

1 Like

One more Q, in the Special Tracking Option I assume we just pick presence, but what value should be be selecting as the trigger? Is it just 0?

not present (all lower case)

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

In special tracking can I select 2 different options and put in present and not present and it would show any changes to these regardless of what options are selected?
Just wondering.
I know I can test this but it takes a while for a device to change.

That would just show you all devices selected and their status (present or not present).

That is what I am after.
Good I'll give it a go.
Thanks.

1 Like

Looks like the special tracking using presence is working now.
Thanks

Hmm. Looks like Markus's changes have spoilt how I was using DW. Cannot get it to work how I want it to now.
Shame.
I'm going to re-install his old drivers.

Be sure to pay him a visit and let him know! :grin: :wink:

2 Likes

I have a request if you don't mind.
Would it be possible to select 2 options for an activity under the 'Special Tracking' section.
At the moment if Presence is selected you have one field so you can put in present OR not present. This means it will only track one state.
If 2 inputs were available I could track both options.
I use this to have a list in a tile on my dashboard to show the state of all my devices that have presence.
Thanks.