[RELEASE] Datadog Integration

Datadog Integration for Hubitat

This Hubitat app allows you to send device states from your Hubitat hub to Datadog. It provides a convenient way to monitor and track the state changes of your Hubitat devices using Datadog's powerful monitoring and analytics platform.

All details and instructions can be found here.

This application is a heavily modified fork of the InfluxDB integration and credit goes to @dennypage and the contributors of that project.

5 Likes

What kind of Datadog plan do you recommend? or does it matter?

I have Infrastructure agents on a few hosts. Each agent includes 100 custom metrics. Additional metrics are billed as used.

I already had Datadog for my LLC monitoring. Its a bit expensive for personal use compared to InfluxDB/Grafama (free). I estimate it would be about $15 /mo to run a single infra agent and send <=100 custom metrics. You might be able to just send custom metrics ($5/mo per 100) without an agent, but I've never not had agents so I'm not sure. Frankly, there are plenty of free ways to do what this does. But, as I was already using it for other monitoring it was nice to integrate Hubitat data as well.

True. I just like the cleaner way the information is displayed. Especially battery levels and motion and door activity. I do use influx/Grafana, but have no idea how to create dashboards, and am pretty much reliant on what others have done and made publicly available.

I definitely agree with that. Querying InfluxDB and creating Grafana dashboards is quite a learning curve. On the other hand, once the data is in Datadog is fairly easy to start graphing it on dashboards.

I think Grafana is hands down the most capable dashboarding tool, but I find Datadog to be the sweet spot for ease of use and customization.

2 Likes

True that.

2 Likes