[RELEASE] DarkSky.net Weather Driver, no PWS Required

I just re-read how you are using this .....

The driver's lux calculation takes into account the 'cloudCover' reported by Dark Sky (it is a percentage from 0% (Sunny) to 100% cloud covered). The resulting illuminance (Lux) value already has that built in, in addition to time of day factors (Solar Noon is the peak and it will decline as you move further away from that in either Sunrise or Sunset direction). You should not have to use either 'condition_code' or 'condition_text' to further change the illuminance factor. You may be 'double adjusting' the illuminance if you do.

Ah, I did not know the driver factored in cloud cover for Lux also. Yeah I could probably just get by with Lux only in that case.

1 Like

Is there a way to have a 'lite' version of mytile? Or am I just completely missing the ability to create this?

The beauty of community developed Apps and Drivers is that you can create whatever you want it to be. If the current 'myTile' does not meet your needs ... you have the source code .... to go in and alter it to meet your needs. I suggest that if you do this you keep a copy of that section to make updates easier (just do the update then replace the smaller section of code you changed.

[UPDATED]
V1.2.0
09/30/2019

• Eliminated the 'Std' icon option. There is now only one set of icons and they are used by default. The old 'Std' icon were a legacy item from when WeatherUnderground was used and the links still went to their website (I am suprised they still worked). Now all icon are based in the Vcloud icon set. I have pulled in a few new icons from @storageanarchy that are consistent with the Vcloud set. If you are using the tinyurl no action is required. If you copied the icons to your own repository please copy icons 48.png through 55.png from the tinyurl site.
  • Reworked the Dark Sky icon mapping (Thanks to @storageanarchy!) to add slightly more variability in the icons used while still maintaining consistency on the 'condition_code' standards that many dashboard use.
  • Several bug fixes and typo corrections.

Wow. Thank you very much. I really appreciate all your efforts

1 Like

As a sailor, it would be cool if we could have knots for wind speed. With 1 knot = 1.151 miles per hour.

You take a Hubitat Hub with you sailing??

@srwhite has one in his Camper with about 60 devices. 58%20AM

1 Like

[UPDATED]
V1.2.1
10/01/2019

• Added ability to select 'knots' for wind/gust speed. If this is selected other 'distances' will show kilometers (not miles). Let me know if this is a problem.

1 Like

It's perfect. Thank you!

We live right next to the sea, so having the wind speed in knots makes a lot of sense for us :slight_smile:

Kilometers didn't work for me e.g. no change still stuck on mph.

You could try using the "Weather" tile in your Dashboard. It can be used in various sizes:

And even smaller if you use smaller fonts...

1 Like

I forgot about the Hubitat Built-in weather tile! The driver will work with that and with SharpTools.io or SmartTiles weather tiles too. Just make sure you turn on those switches in the driver.

Hubitat/OpenWeatherMap
SmartTiles
SharpTools

2 Likes

What is not working? Did you click 'Save Preferences' after you selected Kilometers and wait for a poll?

I am using Sharptool.io but I saw your other post above so I toggled that and it's now working for me. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

[UPDATED]
V1.2.2
10/02/2019

• Bug fix for 'is_day' and 'is_light' (impacts icons/conditions).
1 Like

Thank You VERY VERY much for putting this together. I use the heck out of LUX for my inside lighting. Needless to say...I had to go ALL MANUAL today for a little while. HAAAA!!

2 Likes

Hey @Matthew thanks again for all the work on the driver. @jasonbalsor mentioned that his SharpTools weather tile powered by your Dark Sky driver was showing N/A for the icon today.

Upon further investigation, it looks like his forecastIcon and weatherIcon attributes are reporting the value as 'lightrain' which currently isn't a supported value by SharpTools. It looks like the be20acf commit switched over to the new ccode values whereas we would be looking for the value in the stdIcon field in your Lookup Table mappings.

For reference, SharpTools and some of the other SmartApps support the Weather Underground text codes (per the ST WeatherStation legacy) or The Weather Company icon codes. From what I can tell, it looks like the ccode just needs to get translated back to the stdIcon code for the forecastIcon and weatherIcon to get things working again.

Thoughts?

You are correct. That is specifically why I included the 'stdIcon' in my lookup table .... and then I never used that. :dizzy_face: I will get this fixed today. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes