[RELEASE] DarkSky.net Weather Driver, no PWS Required

I had weather alert as well when I tried to use MyTile

There is definitely something wrong when I create a test 'alert'. Working on it now ..... (Unfortunately we have 300+ days of sunshine here so we don't get very many 'alerts' to facilitate testing easily :smiley:)

2 Likes

I had a chance to check my logs and you are right. It's the 1024 limit. There are 2 weather alerts for my area. One of them must be lengthy or wordy or as you mentioned the limit now being enforced because I've had several alerts since changing to this driver and it was never an issue until a short time ago. I don't ever recall seeing the alerts on MyTile. We've had a small craft advisory a few times.

[UPDATED]
V1.1.3
09/26/2019

• Corrected an issue with myTile when there is a weather alert.
1 Like

MyTile is your Tile :joy:

I did find a 'coding' issue with the myTile when there was an 'alert', and I corrected that. In my testing the myTile is now working correctly with or without a current weather alert.

I did NOT change or put in any controls on the 1,024 character limit for myTile. If you still get the 'Please select an attribute', then that is most likely the cause. Let me know if you see that regularly and I will look into adding those controls.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Something wrong, the Current States are not updating

whereas the data below looks good.

After you updated the code, open your device and 'Save Device' then check your preferences are all set as desired, then 'Save Preferences'. That should reset the polling schedules.

done that, and done a manual poll, the States are not updating, although oddly I did notice the lux updated, but none of the others...

MyTile looks good now! Thanks!

1 Like

I've updated and I'm still seeing the limit hit. When I check the current states the only thing I see that I've never seen on the tile before are the words "Special Weather Statement". I'm guessing those words pushed it over the limit?
MyTile

"Special Weather Statement" is what is populated for 'alert', you can select the 'alert' optional attribute to verify that.

So by 'I'm still seeing the limit hit' does that mean in a dashboard it does not show the myTile contents as are shown in the Current States, but shows 'Please select and attribute' instead?

That's correct. I also don't have alerts enabled, if this is the right one.
MyTile

That is the right one is you want to see 'alert' on your Current States. You don't need that for alerts to show up in myTile or weatherSummary.

Okay .... so I'll look into checking the character length of myTile to see if it exceeds 1,024. I most likely will just omit the icons in that case as the full path to those takes up a lot of characters.

1 Like

[UPDATED]
V1.1.4
09/26/2019

• Prevent 'myTile' and 'weatherSummary' from exceeding 1,024 characters so they will always show in dashboards.

On 'myTile'
Will show default 'with icons' and 'with html formatting', if possible. If not:
--> Will show 'myTile' with icons removed but with html formatting, if possible. If not:
----> Will show 'myTile' with no icons and no html formatting, if possible. If not:
-------> Will show 'myTile' with no icons, no html formating and text truncated to 1,024 characters.

On 'weatherSummary'
--> Will show 'weatherSummary' text truncated to 1,024 characters.

2 Likes

This has been working for me for a while...in a RM4 rule...

This happens with Safari on my Mac - but on my PC (using Chrome) it works fine...very strange!

Well, it looked great until hub v2.1.5 broke it again. :frowning:

Broke all of my SuperTiles, too.

I saw that post. I have not upgraded .. yet, so mine looks good. I usually wait for at least the first hotfix before I upgrade.

I am not planning any more driver changes at this time. I will watch the dashboard discussions to see if I need to make any changes, but there is nothing that I know of that I can change to help at this time.

oh yes! Totally wasn't blaming you or expecting you to fix it. Just whining. Sorry if I gave the impression I expected you to do something about it.

I'm rolling back to v2.1.4.

1 Like