[Release] Daikin AC Wifi Controller

It is very nice to see a driver for my new airco already available! I can't seem to get it to work though :frowning:

First I've used the app to connect my airco to the local network. I can't seem to go any further since creating a "home" in the app requires a location and no matter what I try it can't seem to find any locations whatsoever.

But now the airco has an IP address and so I can add it to Hubitat. Installed the driver, created the virtual device, selected the Daikin driver, configured the IP address. So far it looks good. It even looks as though it's working since Last Updated time and Last Activity time update nicely. But....

• I tried creating a Switch on a dashboard but that doesn't do anything.
  • I tried switching on the Daikin with the normal remote, then polling but it keeps saying "Switch: Off"

What, if anything, am I doing wrong here?

Try creating a thermostat device on the dashboard instead of a switch.

Hi, can you share these instructions here?

Hi All,
Getting quotes for A/C systems. I'm trying to avoid anything that relies on cloud services to function. Just to make sure, if the internet goes does or Dalkin decides to pull the plug on their cloud service, my Hubitat hub will still be able to control these locally?

@$200 a piece for each end point? Is there a better option for control which isn't as expensive?

Yes, Its controlled over WIFI, direct local IP connection to the WIFI (addon) module in the thermostat, no internet required.

To create a temp sensor for outside temp:

1. add a virtual temp sensor to your system
  2. create a rule in rule machine and for trigger event, select the AC unit device, attribute "outsideTemp" and comparison changed.
    For action to run, select temperature and choose your virtual temp sensor, for custom command, choose "setTemperature", parameter type string and string value %value%
  3. Add the virtual temp sensor to some dashboard.

Now any time the outsideTemp parameter of your AC unit changes, the virtual temp sensor will be updated with the same value.

1 Like

Thanks @eriktack. as I understand it it works with the Bx revisions only? Cx are cloud only?

I'v got installed new Daikin mini-split units ( FTXM25R2V1B and FTXM35R5V1B ). Factory installed WiFi modules are cloud-based BRP069C4x, they are working with Daikin residential controller app on Android . I bought older module BRP069B41 ( it's cheap - about 25 Eur ) and it is working locally with Hubitat and also with Android app called Daikin online controller. Now I can control my mini-split via LAN or cloud app. Both WiFi modules are working simultaneously.

1 Like

Hi @jarys, would you mind explaining what you are able to control and how?

I ended up just using individual Broadlink IR Wifi RM3 mini "black bean" adapters. I have to repeat the signal several times because the Daikin head units don't seem to recognize the signal. Not sure why exactly. Other IR receivers like TV's seem to work ok. shrug

@copetersen Not sure whether this is still relevant for you, but I figured out what @jarys was talking about. I was stuck with the same problem - multi-split system with the new cloud-based wifi modules. I have bought a used BRP069B41 module online and an adapter cable for the S21 slot on the main board of the airco. Now both wifi modules work alongside each other and Erik's integration for local control of the Daikin aircos finally works for me too. Ping me if you need more info about how this works.

I see the BRP069B41 is widely available on ebay, from a Bulgarian seller. I'm assuming it's using the Euro wifi channels (802.11* is the same as US, plus 12, 13, 14)

Does anyone know if that module will work in a US Daikin mini-split (specifically FTX12NMVJU)?

I have updated the original post with the new information that a B series module is needed for this driver.

Hi eriktack and many thanks for your contribution to the community.
Do you think these drivers can also be modified to support the new C series (BRP069C4x) of indoor units?
I've seen the C series support was added to Home Assistant, I've checked and it seems that there is an extra step apart from adding the unit's IP [Grab the 13-digit KEY from the sticker of the controller (Lists SSID, KEY, MAC and S/N)].
I have zero knowledge in programming so can't but just wonder if we could get some inspiration from the HomeAssistant drivers (Daikin BRP072C42 WIFI custom component - Custom Integrations - Home Assistant Community)

Cheers,
John

I'm sure it can be done, but as I personally do not have a C series unit, and I expect my current units to last me at least 10-15 years more, I would not be able to develop and test this.

If any developer have one such unit, feel free to fork the repo and give it a try.

Hi eriktack and thanks for your reply. I am an engineer myself but I do have some good friends which are developers so I will ask them to help me out in translating the python (Home Assistant) drivers into groovy for Hubitat and perhaps fork them from the B series release.
Have a good day!
Regards,
John.

Yes, it will work on a FTX12NMVJU.

I have 3 kind of indoor US units: FTXS09LVJU, FTXS12LVJU, and FTXS15LVJU. Anyone know or think the BRP069B41 modules will work? I'm still not clear if there is code already ported to Hubitat or not. If it is already ported and available, it sounds like I might also need to acquire cables between the module and the S09, S12 and S15 units. right?

Hello, I'm brand new to HE, just got my C8 today!

Migrating from ST, this feature was one of the main deciding factors for me to jump ship because it stopped working.

I am surprised that I was able to get this working, but have a question about dashboard integration.

Sorry for the newbee question but do I need some sort of apps code so I can add the AC controllers to the dashboard?

Found the solution, I forgot to add the device to my Dashboard in Apps.

What is the correct template to use when creating a tile in the dashboard for this device?

Can seem to find the correct one.