[RELEASE] Custom Dashboards for your Hubitat Mobile App [BETA]

Hubitat Elevation continues to offer more ways for you to interact with your devices on your terms, today with the introduction of Custom Dashboards on the Hubitat Elevation mobile app (currently in beta).

Now you can pull up any dashboard you want on your mobile app, whether it’s a Hubitat Dashboard, a custom created dashboard or one of the popular third party dashboards created for Hubitat.

To enable custom dashboards, simply update your mobile app to the latest beta version, then turn on “Enable Custom Dashboards” in the settings.

The Hubitat Elevation mobile app is available free for iOS and Android devices.

Click below link for your operating system to enroll in one of our public beta mobile apps:

Android
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.hubitat.app

iOS
https://testflight.apple.com/join/a7XAJr1L

16 Likes

If you accidently leave the settings screen with the Custom Dashboard enabled and haven't filled out the URL the next time you start the app (iOS at least) you'll be greeted with the spinning loading circle. You can click on Tools (or probably any option) on the bottom to continue on with the app.

1 Like

If you accidently leave the settings screen with the Custom Dashboard enabled and haven't filled out the URL the next time you start the app (iOS at least) you'll be greeted with the spinning loading circle. You can click on Tools (or probably any option) on the bottom to continue on with the app.

Just for info, not getting this on my Samsung S8.
No issues so far but haven't really played yet. :wink:

Can confirm that! iOS 14.3 iPhone 12 max pro

How do I switch dashboards between my 2 hubs in the mobil app? I can only activate one or the other via settings.

@buckchucko, I don't see a way to do this either and had the same question, I created a post in the Feature request to somehow tie custom dashboards to specific hubs (if you have multiple hubs) I have no programing experience so have no idea how feasible the request actually is but it's worth a shot to ask

Not as such, but with custom dashboard you can use your primary hub dashboard as always and use custom dashboard with the dashboard link of you second hub.

2 Likes

I must be missing something here. I was playing around with this feature and it doesn't seem to make any changes. With the feature enabled, where is the custom dashboard supposed to show up?

It should replace the dashboard on the dashboard tab.

Example of SharpTools.io dashboard.

That's what I thought. Initially I was still getting my master list of dashboards which is why I was confused. I restarted the app and it is working now

1 Like

Just saw this. I use the HE Dashboard and have always wanted it to default to a specific dashboard (vs the menu of dashboards). Looks like this provides a way to get a default dashboard. The only issue is it looks like I'd always have to use the cloud link for the dashboard since the custom dashboard feature doesn't offer local vs cloud links.

@bobbyD , any way around that please? Or better still, can you provide a way to choose a default dashboard in the app?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Great question, when your home the app change automatically to local, but now using the default dashboard it wont do it.

Any plan to enable a dark theme on hubitat app? This is the only app i use doesnt offer dark theme yet, i would love to see that coming.

1 Like

Is there any way to paste in the URL? I’m using an iPhone X and could never get Paste to appear.

I wish there was an easier way to designate the default Dashboard for each device as I created nested rooms with a master room for my iPhone, iPad and main computer which have different layouts to accommodate their sizes.

Plus, even if I go into a nested dashboard from one of my master dashboards when I’m in a sub-room and hit the logo I always go to the top, not back one step to the dashboard it was invoked from. I wish that behavior would be changed also.

Are there any free (without severe restrictions) options aside from Sharptools?

Are there any options that store more complicated dashboards than the default dashboard app locally (so I don't need web connection to get to my dashboards)?

Does anybody know if this is possible yet? - Any way to select one of the HE dashboard as the "default" dashboard to load on Android app? I have a dozen dashboards created, but when my wife opens her app, I want to simply go to one particular dashboard...and it should switch to local vs cloud URL as needed automatically.

2 Likes

Should be under Settings | Dashboard, if you enable you should be able to give a URL to default to, but I don't believe it will automatically switch between cloud and local...