[RELEASE] Concord 4 Alarm Panel

Hello, everyone. I migrated from ST to HE recently and found that I would have to migrate the handler/server for my Concord 4 alarm panel myself. I ended up with something very different but hopefully equally as useful.

This project will be useful to you if you were on ST using the following driver/app combo:
https://github.com/csdozier/device-concord4

I know that this is a very niche device. It assumes you have not only a Concord 4 security panel, but also a Superbus 2000 automation module and a raspberry pi (or similar) to service the Superbus 2000's USB connection. Frankly, I'd be happy if even one person found this useful. But even if not, it's doing what I want it to. And I (hopefully) learned a lot in the process.

Anyway, if anyone stumbles upon this and finds it useful, please let me know.

Link to my new project below:
https://github.com/DJ8ones/hubitat-concord4

2 Likes

Well Im very interested in this. I have a Concord 4 thats not very useful as a standalone system. So I just need to find one of those Superbus 2000's devices then? Hmm... off to ebay! I'll test this out if I can find the hardware.

So it seems 60-783-02 is for Software v2.5+ and the much cheaper 60-783-03 is for v4.5+

Hmm, my panel seems to say SW Version 0430 so guessing I need the more expensive one then

Hi @DJ8ones I setup the Superbus 2000 Automation Module last night. I haven't hooked up the Pi or anything yet. Was just trying to get that module going before doing anything else. So there's currently nothing connected to the RS232 port on the module. After wiring up the module, I'm seeing "BUS Failure Unit AM2" on the control keypad - I'm assuming that means Automation Module. Did you have to do anything to setup your module beforehand? Is the failure normal? I see the power and bus activity LEDs on the board working as described in the AM documentation.

My setup doesn't use any hardwired zones. I have only wireless sensors. So not sure what to name the zones in the configuration either. I have nothing wired to any of my zone terminals in the panel. How are you handling wireless sensors in your hubitat config? What zones would they be?

Appreciate any help you can give, thank you :slight_smile:

The bus failure is normal if the raspberry pi isn’t connected. The readers digest version is that the raspberry pi is integral to the system and keeps some sort of heartbeat. If you have the am2 failure in the future (once you have it all working), it probably means your raspberry pi locked up and needs to be power cycled. If you don’t have the full setup ready, I’d recommend removing the Superbus for the time being.

I can’t speak to wireless sensors. I know I re-named my wired zones and it didn’t matter what I called them.

1 Like

Hi DJ8ones, just coming over to Hubitat from ST after they changed their platform and ended the smart apps. THANK YOU for building this!! I was using Scotts ST build previously. Hoping you might be able to help me with an issue - I believe I have everything in order but when I start running the python, I get a TX failed error when its trying to report the status of the zones and it looks like its the path is just missing the device ID, which doesn't make any sense to me because earlier in the running it does show up in one of the paths. When reporting the zone status, I am seeing "....132/apps/api/13/devices//close?access..." followed by "...Hubitat TX Failed: 404 url://close...." Now much earlier when you first start up, after advising of listening on the port, it shows that it is going to transmit to Hubitat at ".....132/apps/api/13/devices/30/statusUn..." Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Sorry for late reply. Hope you haven't been beating you head against the wall too much.

I have two guesses:

1. Did you try this (from my github page)?

If this doesn't work, you can use the Send Concord Config command which is listed on the security panel's parent device page of Hubitat.
This is my best guess... the python script didn't correctly receive your device config, so it's flying blind. The "Send Concord Config" will issue the device IDs again, hopefully giving the python side what it needs.

1. Did your child devices get set up correctly in hubitat? The Send Concord Config isn't going to work if you don't have children devices underneath (should be one for every zone). Go to hubitat device list to verify.

Someday I'm going to improve the script to just allow device IDs to be hardcoded in the config file... maybe I tried to get too fancy here. I have noticed that after a power outage I occasionally have to hit the Send Concord Config to re-initiate everything. Just something to keep in mind if/when you get it to work. I told myself I'd fix it if someone else uses it. I guess I should start looking at this again...

Hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out.

Thank you for the response, it sent me in the right direction! I had pressed the send config, but didn't realize it really needed to be done each time I restarted the python service. I was then getting the device ID, but still a TX error on the sensors. I realized I had created all the child devices, but I was only including the main device in the maker API - once I went and added them everything started working. Thanks again, I missed using my old sensors as trigger devices!

Edit: I'm not smart. Everyone who comes along in the future:
This is built on Python 2.7 and does not work in Python 3.x
Also you have to install some packages, as DJ8ones clearly says.
Be smarter than me - read more closely. :man_facepalming:

Hi DJ8ones,
Thanks for building this. I'm having a bit of trouble on the PI side when I try to run concordsvr.py. It's throwing all sorts of syntax and format errors. Is this something I have messed up, or is there a newer version of the code that has these issues fixed? Any help you can offer would be much appreciated!
Thanks!