This... is a pointless app.
Still, it was fun to build. I got an Aqara Cube recently, and set about finding out what I could do with it. The most "useful" thing I could find was enabled by this app. Basically, Companion Cube is a way to control switches and music players using a cube.
Here's how it works: You set up two groups of devices, each consisting of switches and music players. For me, I have Group 1 as an "indoor" group and Group 2 as an "outdoor" group, to control my patio lights/fan/Sonos.
- Slide: Toggle modes, between switches and players
- Flip 90: Select the next device in the current group and mode
- Flip 180: Toggle between Groups 1 and 2
- Shake: Find out what device you're controlling. For lights: flash once. For players: say "Hello!" from the device.
- Knock: Turn on/off or play/pause the device
- Rotate: Control volume or level of light
Since the cube has no feedback mechanism, this also includes a "Companion Cube Status" device, which provides a "tile" attribute that displays current group, mode, and device being controlled, and sends events for each when it changes, as well.
Anyway, hope this is useful for someone! It probably isn't, though. Fun toy, all the same!
Code's at https://github.com/ernie/hubitat/tree/main/apps/companion-cube or available in HPM.