[RELEASE] Combined Presence

Telling non tech friends about life360 is funny though. You can see those that don't want their partners to know where they are any time they want. We love it. Can judge when someone is on their way home for cooking dinner.

1 Like

I'm also very keen to know when the wife's on her way home to cook my dinner :blush:

I always love that look of horror on their faces, when they ask, "they can see everywhere you go"

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a free version. Sooo I went and signed my wife and I up and created a circle and installed the app in HE. Life360 seems to work fine but I can't figure out the integration with HE. I don't see any "family" entries in rule machine trigger events or conditions etc. How do I link up HE and Life360 so I can use geofencing?

1 Like

First, remove the default integration and install @bptworld's Life360 with States. It will create child sensors under a Life360 Members parent. From there, you'll have two sensors available as objects for use in RM. There is no 'family' or 'both' object. If you want a rule for "all home", you have to use both sensors in a condition.

1 Like

Forgive my stupidity but I really don't understand. @bptworld's app is named "Life360 with States" but then he entitles his post as "Life360 Tracker" and says it works with "Life 360 with States". I quote
Introducing 'Life360 Tracker'
Track your Life360 users. Works with the Life360 with States app.

Works with the new Life360 with States app.

So where is the Life360 with states app?

Life 360 with states is under “ported”.

1 Like

https://github.com/bptworld/Hubitat/tree/master/Ported/Life360

It is a ported app.

Might want to start by clicking the link you posted... :wink:

Life360 with States simply pulls all the data from Life360 (this is a heavily modified port)
Life360 Tracker uses this data to do all kinds of things. (this is my own creation)

Life360 with States runs independently of the Tracker. You can do whatever you want with the data or you can use the Tracker app to do stuff for you. Your choice.

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought I was going nuts. So just to clarify install Life360 with states app followed by Life360 Tracker? Correct?

2 Likes

I’m using Homebridge for my presence currently, but I also have the HE app installed and it works flawlessly for presence as well. Simple to use too, almost zero configuration needed.

I just noticed the advanced option in this app and its perfect for wifi since i want those for arriving just in case but they aren't reliable enough for departing so its great to have the ability to exclude that.

Thanks!

1 Like

Love the dashboard. How did you overlap rows as tiles were added to the right?

It’s all about using a larger grid. Each “tile” is really multiple tiles, the smallest being 2x2. Given higher “resolution” (more grid tiles for the dashboard), you can do some pretty cool things. Just look in the options of the dashboard, you’ll see where you can increase columns and rows.

Got it. Thanks!

Just a suggestion for the advanced presence. I used bluetooth beacons to improve presence reliability. One beacon is in my home and one is in my car. If my car beacon detects my presence, i'm not at home. So, having the option to configure home presence as arrived if the car beacon detects arrived would be ideal. As it stands now, i have to create another presence sensor to achieve that functionality.

Can you expand on how you're doing that?

I have three Radius Networks RadBeacons, one in the mud room of my home, one in my car, and one in my wife's car. I use the Geofency iPhone app to detect the beacons and send webhooks based on which beacon is detected. If the beacon in either car detects my presence, I force the hub presence to "departed". If the beacon in the mud room detects my presence, I force the hub presence to "arrived".

Note: you wouldn't want to set home presence to 'departed' if the home beacon detects 'departed' since you could have just walked upstairs out of the beacon's range. Same with the car beacon since the signal fluctuates even in close quarters.

This also lets me trigger hub events based on whether I get in my car. So, to help my wife with dinner prep, I turn the kitchen pendant light green when i get in my car after work. Helps her with timing.

5 Likes

Nice! I'm out of likes right now, but that's pretty spiffy. I'm going to bookmark this and come back to it when I'm looking for some new ways to mess with presence.

Super interesting! I don't have anything like that myself, so hard for me to think through the details of it, but if there's a simple feature request you can spell out cleanly, I might take a shot at adding it.

(Maybe I should look into those. One thing I wanted to do with presence was open the garage door before we got home. Problem is, my wife and I have two different garage doors, for our two cars. And we often ride together. So we'd get home and the house would detect both our phones and open both garage doors. Really, it needs to detect the arrival of the car. 1st world problem, I know...)

1 Like