[RELEASE] Chromecast Helper - Simple way to help keep your Google/Nest devices alive

Ok, solved the bug.
I removed, and added the app again.
Now the subscription works after reboot.
Go figure :thinking::wink:

2 Likes

@waffles meet @MrPancake

Have you guys met?

To paraphrase Humphrey Bogart - Could be the start of a beautiful relationship. :wink:

I don't know what happens in my situation, but after a reboot of the hub the Initializing is not working anymore, When I put the app on pauze and "un-pauze", the Initializing is starting again
The switch function is not working for me, it has no effect when I change the switch on the pause status.

I'm seeing something similar, but not at every reboot. I have yet to try and see if I can track it down to a particular situation. Chromecast helper doesn't always restart after a reboot for me either.

Hmm, I think the issue is not in Chomecast Helper. I paused the app and used the polling from the app Chromecast Integration (beta). Everything was working well till I restarted the hub (Firmware update). Same issue, the polling was not working anymore.

I have this app set to the recommended 4 min but the Mini will not respond to TTS for longer than a day. I can then go to the device page and initialize it and it works fine again for a little while before stopping again. The Mini has a static IP. Is this a losing battle and I need to move to another device or am I doing something wrong?

Try removing the mini from HE and then add it back in. LONG standing issues with the Chromecast Beta Integration.

Will do. Should I just use the 15 second polling from the Beta integration or should I also enable the 4 min job in your app?

That's up to you. Some have had good luck with the 15 second polling, others have reported not so much. :man_shrugging:

The issue is with the HE integration itself, so there isn't much we can do about it.

When will it be fixed

lol, you're asking the wrong person in the wrong thread. I'm just a Hubitat user just like you.

Your best bet is to start a new thread and ask the employees/owners of Hubitat about the Chromecast Integration (beta). It's been in beta for years!

2 Likes

So why haven't you fixed it yet?

:rofl: :wink:

2 Likes

I know NOTHING... NOTHING! :wink:

4 Likes

1 Like

Hi guys,

Is there a guide to tell how to install Chromecast Helper? I'm a newcomer and don't know where to get started.

As stated in the first post:

With Firmware release 2.2.8.141, Chromecast Integration now includes a setting to enable connection keep-alive through device polling. Making this app no longer needed.

You meant this one?

CH still has its place. A lot of people still use it, including me.

All of my apps can be found in Bundle Manager.

2 Likes

You appear to have an evil twin...will the real Bryan please whack me over the head with a hub. :wink: :rofl:

I have been having problems with my Chromecast devices ever since going to the one that was included on 2.2.8.141. The CH got uninstalled and I can't get it back through package manager. I don't think that the built in polling does it correctly or maybe it is polling differently, it definitely is not reliable.