[RELEASE - BETA] - "YoLink™ Device Service" app and drivers to connect Hubitat™ to YoLink™ devices

I am trying to register and am getting a failure logging in.

Authorization token refresh failed :Auth Failed

Insure that the UAID and Secret Key specified in the YoLink Device Service match those from the YoLink app on your mobile device:

• Make sure there are no leading or trailing blanks in the inputted values.
  • Make sure that any characters that look like other characters were not typed incorrectly, e.g., make sure an "O" was not typed in as "0" (zero) or a "1" one typed in as a "l" (ell), or vice-versa.
  • Make sure the case is correct, e.g. , "O" vs "o".

I copied and pasted them.

It is working now.

Ok, thanks.

The following devices are now supported (Use HPM to install updated app and drivers):

• In-wall Switch (YS5705-UC)
  • In-wall Outlet (YS6704-UC)

Current App and Driver Versions:

Hello @SteveBarcus ,

Fantastic app btw. Thanks for all your work on this.

Quick question tho:
I installed the app and drivers for devices I plan to use with HE. I also understand that the app automatically installs the drivers for the YoLink Hub and SpeakerHub (I only use the regular Hub). I only chose to “port” over some of my YoLink sensors/devices as I wanted to keep some redundancy in the system (being able to use both the Hubitat interface for automation purposes as well as to easily check on the status of my devices using thee YoLink iOS App).

All the devices show up on both HE as well as in the YoLink App, and seem to be reporting accurately on each. However, when ever I exit out of the YoLink App and then check back in, I get a message from the YoLink App that my YoLink hub is offline. When I click on the hub in the YoLink app, the hub goes back online. I only use your HE app to make announcements via Echo Speaks for some of my sensors and their status seems to be OK on the YoLink App, all except for the hub itself. The “wifi like” signal symbol for the hub, which I assume means that the YoLink LoRa network is connected to the hub shows the hub “offline”. All the rest of the devices show a connected symbol, despite the hub indicating it is disconnected.

Does the use of your app negate the ability to use the YoLink Hub as a controller. In other words, if I connect to the API using your app does it no longer allow the use of the YoLink App simultaneously?

Thanks for any help on this.

I don't see how my app would conflict with the iOS app.

I don't use iOS, but in the Android YoLink app if the WiFi symbol is blue it indicates that the YoLink Hub is connected to the Internet via the displayed WiFi network. If the "Ethernet" icon is blue, the Hub is connected via an Ethernet cable.

This has nothing to do with the LoRa network strength, that's reported by the individual devices and is shown as the "signal" attribute on the device. If you're connecting the Hub via WiFi, I'd try using an Ethernet cable instead and see if that corrects the problem.

Thanks @SteveBarcus . I also did not understand what could be happening. My YoLink hub has always been connected via Ethernet so it was puzzling why it would indicate that it was “offline” each time I closed then opened the YoLink iOS app (after I had enabled your app). I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

I thought perhaps it was related to the fact that your HE app was accessing the API via the personal access code at the same time the YoLink hub was also connecting (via Ethernet to router/modem to Cloud) simultaaneously.

I am curious to know if anyone else has observed this behavior, or if this is unique to my situation. Again, thanks for a great app. It works great on the HE side, but I’d also like to continue to use my YoLink App as well.

I don't see this behavior in the Android app, and I've closed and opened it multiple times.

The only "active" thing my app does is poll the devices every 5 minutes (default setting in the app). You can try going back into the YoLink Device Service app and setting the polling time to a higher value to see if that mitigates the problem, Also, look at the Hub details in the iOS app and make sure there's no firmware updates pending for it.

Thanks, will try.
Edit: I just checked and I am on the latest version of the YoLink Hub firmware

Hi @SteveBarcus,
I ended up reinstalling your app then getting another personal access code from YoLink and trying again from scratch. Tried logging in and out of the YoLink App and now all is good (hub remains connected in the YoLink app) as well as sensors being accessible through your app as well. Not sure why this would be the case but sometimes you just have to take what you can get, LOL. Again, thanks for your great app, help and suggestions. They are much appreciated!

Thank you for the update. Glad it's working for you.

@SteveBarcus Thank you SO much for this integration app and driver set. I really enjoy the YoLink products due to their long range and your work has allowed me to do that in Hubitat.

Quick question or request - do you have (or plans to develop) the drivers underway for the YoLink Garage Door Controller (specifically version 1 - w/o the finger piece)?

Thanks again for your hard work on this project.

Yes, that device is going to be supported - probably in two weeks, or so.

1 Like

The following devices are now supported (Use HPM "Update" to install updated app and drivers):

• Garage Door Sensor (YS7706-UC)
  • Vibration, Glass Break Sensor (YS7201-UC)

Current App and Driver Versions:

@SteveBarcus I didn't have any other sensors to test, but since I installed this last update, the YoLink door contact sensor no longer triggers an alert. I'll try to test an older version of the driver to see if this fixes it.

EDIT: Unable to locate v1.0.2 driver or v1.0.6 app on the Github page, but if you still have these, I'd be happy to test them.

Hi @SteveBarcus ,
Again, first off, thanks for the great work on this. Quick question about the Device Manipulator driver battery status. I am using your Device Manipulator driver to control the Valve Controller with great success so far. I was just wondering whether in developing this driver you were able to ascertain what the battery status increments were (for this and other YoLink devices). It seems to me that the YoLink devices report either 100%, 75%, %50, or 25% (that is only in 25% increments). Do you know if this is actually the case? If so, my alerts will have to be “upped” to 25%. BTW, I fully understand that battery level monitoring is generally sketchy at best, just wanted to know what the reporting increments were on the YoLink devices. TIA for any info on this.

I just verified that the new driver is work correctly. The major difference between the v2 and v3 drivers is that the "AlertType" and "Delay" attributes were removed. That's because they're not documented as being valid for this type of device. "AlertType" was always "Normal" and "Delay" was always "0".

You should be checking the "Switch" attribute for "on" or "off" or the "Contact" attribute for "open" or "closed".

Look at the Events on the device to see if the events are being triggered: