[RELEASE] Beta 1 - version of Honeywell Home Thermostats (Lyric etc...)

I have a T5 which I am pretty sure was registered with Honeywell. I get monthly emails of usage from them, plus I can access it remotely with the phone app.

If I understand right I need an authorization code or something from Honeywell to use this. I can’t seem to figure out how to get it. Every Honeywell site I go to and try to log in fails. And they say my email is not registered.

Any thoughts here?

If you install the community driver and app, you use the app to authenticate with Honeywell and authorize your thermostat. It's the "discovery" button in the app and it will take you to the Honeywell site to authorize. Once you are on the Honeywell site, you will see a list of devices registered to your account and you just select which ones to authorize. It's all quite automatic. :slight_smile:

One other thought - if you are talking about the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret entries in the app, you need to create an account for yourself (it's free) at https://developer.honeywellhome.com/ Once you have created an account, you can create a Consumer Key and Secret for yourself and enter that into the app.

1 Like

Ha! I can speak again! Lol

Been running the release since Sunday with no issues. Thanks guys!

I'll keep an eye on this thread & am available for testing should you require guinea pigs!

1 Like

I was able to get this installed, got the secret information and entered it in created an account. Selected by leak sensors hit the discover button and nothing. Nothing was added to my drivers. Am I missing something

@mckenziefamily This driver/app doesn't support the leak sensors.

Crap...that is the last thing I have on smartthings

Well, someone was interested in adding support for the leak sensors to this driver. So it's possible that they are working on it. I'll see if I can find the thread.

@mckenziefamily Another point - this driver/app has to poll Honeywell to return information about the thermostats/remote sensors. Events aren't supported yet. So the app polls Honeywell every 5 or 10 minutes. Are you going to be happy not detecting a water leak for that amount of time? Zigbee or Z-Wave leak sensors will report immediately. I use a ST/ADT leak sensor myself and it works well.

Well it just sucks I have the units that were not cheap and can't use. Can you recommend a good leak sensor?

At some point I really want to add event support, which would make stuff like leak sensors or proximity work so much better... Work has been crazy busy since the new year and I need some help from Honeywell's dev team to figure out why it's not working as documented (or why I can't properly make it work :slight_smile: ).

I use the SmartThings/ADT leak sensors that I picked up pretty cheap because they were discontinued. They seem to work well. You might be able to find them on eBay. Other than those, I would search on this group for other recommendations.

Has anyone else had issues with this not playing nice with the native HE Thermostat Scheduler? Mine was doing really funky things with random temperature changes and not setting the temperature that was configured. I ended up using RM to handle it and that seems to be working.

@markbellkosel84 Do you see anything in the logs? I don't personally use the HE Thermostat Scheduler, but I do have a very simple set back automation done through WebCoRE and it has been flawless.

I use the HE scheduler and it's been fine - I'm not a huge fan of it due to how slow it loads up but it generally seems to work.

All I see in logs is the seemingly random temperature changes. So it's "normal" behavior. Since dumping Scheduler I have not seen random behavior....yet.

Not sure if this has been asked already. I have the Honeywell T6 pro wifi version. My stat setup includes a ventilation option (off/on/auto). Is there any way this can be added for control and status?

If you are talking about fan modes, this driver already supports those functions. There are Fan Auto, Fan On, and Fan Circulate commands and you can set the fan mode (on, auto, circulate)

I see and have the fan options. What I am looking for is the house ventilation options. There is a damper that is controlled by the Tstat that lets fresh air into the house while the fan is circulating or on. The Tstat has some unseen algorithm that operates the damper. I was just wondering if someone has added this to a driver/app.

My other option I'm thinking of is to put a relay module in prior to the damper and control the operability of it with some rules.

@chadgadget I just looked at the Honeywell API that this driver/app uses and I don't see anything that they expose for this damper functionality. So, I don't know what could be added. Are you saying that the damper doesn't work if you are using this driver? Did your HVAC tech just wire the damper to open when the fan is on?