[RELEASE] Aqara LED Strip T1 driver

Amazon .com : (link)
Amazon. ca : (link)
Amazon. co. uk : (link)
Amazon. de : (link)

Driver:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/development/Drivers/Aqara%20LED%20Strip%20T1/Aqara_LED_Strip_T1_lib_included.groovy

3 Likes

reserved.

Such BS... Sure, we're matter compliant only if you buy our hub first... :roll_eyes:

Despite the misleading advertisement that it is matter-capable out of the box, this device is a good one. Sooner or later, it will be available also via Hubitat Matter Bridge, then we can compare the functionalities and the performance between the direct Zigbee integration and the Matter integration.

2 Likes

I am now changing the driver status to [BETA], as the basic functionality is fully working in my quick tests.

There are still a lot of extra features that can be added to this driver if there is interest. For now the only extra is the 'MusicMode on|off' command.

You will also get a free temperature sensor ! : )

Subtract 10 degrees to get the approx. room air temperature .. this is the RGBWW controller chip internal temperature reading, but the temp. reading is now updated correctly if opposed to other, older Aqara devices.

Just to verify, this will connect directly to hubitat c5 (and c8) via zigbee using these drivers? And with matter support on the c8 it may connect through matter eventually?

Or is the aqara hub required?

This driver can be used when the Aqara LED Strip T1 is paired directly to Hubitat hub. No Aqara hub is required.

The same device may also become available in the future via Matter Bridge functionality when this is added to Hubitat C-8. At the moment, it is not possible to bring this device into HE using Matter, as there is no Matter pairing code for the LED strip.

1 Like

It should be able to connect to Hubitat also via Matter Gateway drivers soon (C-5, C-7, C-8 models).

If you have an Aqara E1 or Aqara M2 Zigbee hub and some spare Aqara Zigbee gadgets to experiment with, please contact me via DM.