[RELEASE] Aqara (B1) Smart Curtain Motor (ZNCLDJ11LM & ZNCLDJ12LM) Driver

Ok, thanks yeah will shop around.
Cheers.

I bought the old Aqara curtain motor (the version without the battery) because I knew I wanted to leave it plugged in so cheaper option was good. Bought both for about $140. It's more expensive from the vendor I bought from now but you can shop around. (Aqara Smart Curtain Motor Intelligent Curtain Zigbee Mi Home APP Remote Control Wireless Timing Electric Curtain Motor|Building Automation| - AliExpress).

Also, my wife doesn't like the typical tracks that come with it so I bought grommet tracks from Rooms Beautiful (Motorized Curtain with Decorative Tracks/Rods - RoomsBeautiful.com). Other than looking much nicer than the typical track, the grommet track also hides the wires behind the curtains so no wires dangling around. I didn't buy their motor because it's way more expensive than the Aqara motor for essentially the same motor.

It performs great and looks good also so best of both worlds.

1 Like

I have the same thing happen with only one of my curtain motors (I have the non battery version). It never checks in and at times, get's stuck in its status. My 2nd motor works great. Not sure if the issue is with the driver or the motor but since they both use this driver, I had assumed it was the motor. @markus is looking into it though so will find out soon enough!

There is a new version with more verbose Info logging around the positioning data, please update to that driver. I don't see this issue with any of my ZNCLDJ11LM curtains, so would need to see the issue from someone else. One thing to do could be to re-pair the curtain without deleting the device from HE. There are no binding commands sent at pairing, but maybe something is not 100% with the curtain setup. Before trying the re-pairing, please try to log positioning when it fails to update and PM me the logs as text (not a screenshot).

When I posted last I was on an older driver version 1.0.1.xxxxxx. So I updated to the latest driver linked at the very top of this thread (v1.0.2.0701b). That's all I did. Then I opened and closed both of my curtains a few times and watched the dashboard tile. The status indicated on the tile updated correctly during and after each open and close action so it seems to be working correctly now. Could have been that my driver was just old (during dev) and I didn't have the updated version. At any rate the latest driver seems to work properly. Thanks @markus!