[Release] [App] Circadian Daylight (v0.80) (Port)

Tell me --- do you prefer the way your SmartThings CD instance handled color temperature --- which shifts the color temperature only around sunset (a little more drastic of a chane)
Or do you prefer the method implemented in this driver, more, where it slowly changes throughout the day?

I'll have to compare during the next few days - I only switched to your app yesterday. I guess slowly changing CT throughout the day sounds good, but maybe you could add a switch to support both options?

1 Like

So i have been using this app for a few days now. I have noticed that it will automatically turn my lights on at sunrise, i believe that's the trigger, at a very very dim level. Is there a setting that will disable this and only change the color when the light is turned on?

Are you using the Enable Dynamic Brightness option? If so, disable that. The default behavior is to only set color/temperature values.

@adamkempenich I just check the settings and that is not enabled. Below are the setting I have and I have not adjusted any of the advanced settings. It happened again this morning lights turned on by them selfs.

If you go to those devices’ pages, do they show any other apps that are using them?

CD checks if the device is turned on, so I’m also wondering if it’s possible if those aren’t updating state properly, perhaps?

The only other apps that I have connected those bulbs are SmartThings buttons, Google Home, and a virtual button that powers down the entire house.

Interesting. They're not in a group, or anything like that, either?

Quick question.

I'm wanting something that will trigger a color temp and brightness change on one of two triggers. Either when the light is first turned on, or at a specific time. Something like this (not exactly, but this would get me close):

Between 5AM-7AM, if light is switched on, set brightness to 20% and color temp to 2700.
Between 7AM-7PM, if light is switched on, set brightness to 100% and color temp to 6500.
Between 7PM-10PM, if light is switched on, set brightness to 50% and color temp to 2700.
Between 10PM-5AM, if light is switched on, set brightness to 10% and color temp to 2700.

At 7AM, any lights currently on will be set to 100% and color temp to 6500.
At 7PM, any lights currently on will be set to 50% and color temp to 2700.
At 10PM, any lights currently on will be set to 10% and color temp to 2700.

(I left out a change at 5AM, but you get the idea).

Basically I want all the lights to follow a certain pattern, but I want to be able to say "Alexa, change color temp to warm white" or change the brightness, and not have the Circadian Daylight App change it right back. It should only set the values when first turned on, or when the time threshold is crossed.

I could write some complicated code in Rule Machine, but it's already a big headache and I haven't even got all my color temperature capable bulbs in place. I feel like this app is the answer, but I'm just missing something simple.

I did try enabling the "Disable CD when a selected device is dimmed." option, but it didn't help (I turned on the light, changed color temp manually, then shortly after the lights were automatically set back via Circadian Daylight). Note that I'm just testing changing the color temp, not brightness. I know, the wording is clear, but I was hoping maybe the functionality was "Disable CD when a selected device is dimmed OR changed color" and the text just hadn't been updated.

Do you use modes, by chance? You could set each of those options for a certain mode.

Uh oh. I broke something else :crazy_face: I’ll take a look at that glitch some time this week.

I don't, and am considering it, but am still looking for something that only triggers when the light is first turned on or on a time change. This seems like it'd do it, if CD would disable itself on a color change OR dim change.

I should reiterate I only tested with a color change, was hopeful that maybe the option was applicable to both a color or dim change even though the wording suggested only a change in the dim setting. Just checked and changing the dim setting does seem to stop CD, but a color change by itself does not. This may never be an issue, but I envision a scenario where my wife is screaming at Alexa to "freakin' turn the lights on WARM and don't dare change it back you stupid #!#^%@" (I should note that she and Alexa aren't on the best of terms right now).

Thanks!

I should clarify. You can set a custom per-mode brightness and CT in CD. :slight_smile: You could then just enable each mode at a certain time.

Well, I should add that, then :slight_smile:

What ever happened to the recode that was in the works?

It’s still in the works. This project has been a lower priority for me, though.

1 Like

@adamkempenich They were not in a group. I think i fixed the issue, it was a setting in side the hue app when I was playing around with it a few weeks back.

1 Like

Hi hope someone can help as I am very new to this. I have set up some specific brightness settings when modes change and have noticed in my logs some errors occurring when the mode changes. I get the following errors, don't know what they mean and how worried I should be. Any help or advice appreciated.

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.call() is applicable for argument types: (com.hubitat.hub.domain.Event) values: [com.hubitat.hub.domain.Event@146ab4e]
Possible solutions: wait(), any(), wait(long), take(int), any(groovy.lang.Closure), each(groovy.lang.Closure) (scheduleTurnOn)

1 Like

It’s not something to worry about, I’m not sure where that bug is coming in, though. I’ll take a look at it a bit later.

Also, welcome to the community!! :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

Wow that was really quick :slight_smile: Am on a steep learning curve but loving Hubitat. The community has been great to a newbie like me so much appreciated

1 Like

Does anybody have an issue where a group of lights will randomly raise their color temperature before getting itself back on the right level in the next 5 minute rotation? Seems to happen on a half hour or an hour.

I’m not sure I follow. They’re changing their CT beyond where they should be, and the bouncing back to where it should be?