[Release] [*ALPHA*] Lightify Gateway Integration - 0.22

There are people getting PAID for this??

:crazy_face:

4 Likes

I've pushed another update out there for the app ... it adds some debug info to the initialization routine, and makes the setup page appear during installation.

1 Like

Any thoughts on how to get multiple gateways working simultaneously? I tried to create a second instance, but it never populates the associated devices. If interested I can spell out the specific steps I'm taking.

1 Like

Care to send me the logs of when you create a new gateway?

(I’ll order another gateway or two to try this out with, too, but I can’t see any reason it shouldn’t work if you’re using a different MAC address)

I just added a second gateway to my HE and it created a second gateway device right away. I haven’t added any lights to it yet, but it looks good so far.

1 Like

Sweet!

For everyone else ... got groups working fully tonight. I'm going to finish building them out and push and update tomorrow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are the freakin’ bomb!

1 Like

What kind of coffee do you drink? I may want to buy some and try it out!

1 Like

I was able to add lights to the second Lightify gateway and they were immediately picked up by the app :raised_hands:
FYI, I know you didn’t announce groups being ready, but the version you just posted (pre alpha? :scream:) didn’t pick up my group, in case it was supposed to. I’m assuming that there is a group driver I’m missing.

1 Like

Lots! My brother-in-law lives in Guatemala, and has a friend named Sam who runs a carbon-negative coffee farm. He makes a great coffee blend made with cardamom. The problem is that you can’t buy it in the states (but I can ask Luke to bring some :slight_smile:)

In ND, I’m a big fan of Mighty Missouri coffee. They make a few blends that are pretty terrific. Mighty Moonrise is what we’re currently drinking. I tend to make 4 shots of their espresso blend each morning at work, too, and word on the street—they’re making a new cold brew blend. (The owners are friends of ours). If you can’t buy it online, I’d be happy to ship you some!

That version can read group names—unfortunately that’s all it can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ken, what was the process you followed to add the second lightify gateway? I can add mine, but when I add any devices they don't show up in HE. Perhaps I have too many devices already paired with this hub....

How many devices do you have? :fearful:

You're doing something right. The master on/off in the Gateway device controls all the lights as a group.

1 Like

That’s its own function—it was actually the very first feature I added, and how this whole adventure began :slight_smile:

That may be but up until today there was pop-corning. Now they behave as a group no pop, no snap, or crackle either, just perfect synchronicity.

1 Like

I had to create a second lightify account and joined it with my ipad. I gave the gateway a permanent address on the router and then added the Lightify integration as a new app in HE with a different MAC and the gateway's ip address. After a couple minutes the gateway device populated on the device page. I added lights to the Lightify gateway this morning and they immediately showed up on the device page. The End.

1 Like

Oh -- for anyone who's posted their gateway MAC address in screenshots --- you should probably redact those, since they're part of the pairing process. I'll toss a warning into the first post.

I didn't use my actual MAC address in the setup, should I change that; do you think it will be necessary in a future version?

1 Like

Or if I did use my lightify gateway MAC should I change it? What should I use, and what would be the best way to go about this?