[Release] [*ALPHA*] Lightify Gateway Integration - 0.22

You can message it to me directly if you don't want to sort through a PR :slight_smile: I will add packet-size validation so that the extended parse only runs when the first packet's size is 1024 bytes (the cap).

Thanks for making time to do that!!

They claim it doesn't exist. I've sent dozens of messages to OSRAM, Lightify, and LEDVANCE staff. Usually they say one of the other two groups will have to get it to me, but at the end of every chain, they say they don't have it...

FWIW, a random thread I found on Reddit once hinted that ST could do this if they applied specific (older) firmware to your hub (presumably they once had this firmware update baked into the hub firmware and then replaced it with the newer or at least ZHA version). However, they had no idea what I was talking about, either. :slight_smile:

I reached out to ST staff, as well, and they've stopped doing that too :confused: I recall seeing that thread, too.

I tried to PM directly but it looks funky. I'll try again....

1 Like

I searched but didn't find. When lightify shuts down their gateway, will @adamkempenich program still function?
$22.99 - 6-Pack - Sylvania Lightify LED Smart Connection Light Gateway and A19 Bulb Kit

• Coupon Code: BULB32420

https://www.vminnovations.com/Pro...index.html

• Manufacturer warranty: 1-year warranty
  • Quantity: 6
  • A hub with ZigBee protocol is required for controlling Sylvania smart bulbs and wall plugs
  • Pair with compatible hubs such as Lightify Gateway, SmartThings, Wink or Amazon Echo Plus
  • Integrate voice control by pairing Alexa or Google Assistant to your existing hub
  • Enjoy the benefits of hands free lighting control by asking to turn the lights on and off, dim, and more
  • Monitor your lights right from your smartphone and create schedules and automation's to fit your daily routines
  • Enjoy dimming capabilities right from your smartphone. Dim the lights before bedtime or increase the brightness to keep a well-lit house at night
  • Wattage: 60W
  • Bulb shape: A19
  • Base type: Medium E26
  • Color temperature: 2700K
  • Voltage: 120 volt
  • Rate life: 11,000 hours

Adam is aware.

So will it still work , since it's local, or there is still a cloud component?
TY

I see Adam is replying. Better from him.

1 Like

I’m still not sure. I contacted Lightify and they haven’t decided, yet. I’d imagine you’d still be able to use any already set-up gateways, but can’t promise anything. You wouldn’t be able to set up a new one, either, unless I can reverse engineer that/they release the source.

1 Like

Thank you adam. considering the RIPOFF that is hue, for 22 bucks I;'m getting 6 bulbs and a gateway
so even if I get 1 year out of it, I'm still ahead
$22.99 - 6-Pack - Sylvania Lightify LED Smart Connection Light Gateway and A19 Bulb Kit

• Coupon Code: BULB32420

https://www.vminnovations.com/Pro...index.html

• Manufacturer warranty: 1-year warranty
  • Quantity: 6
  • A hub with ZigBee protocol is required for controlling Sylvania smart bulbs and wall plugs
  • Pair with compatible hubs such as Lightify Gateway, SmartThings, Wink or Amazon Echo Plus
  • Integrate voice control by pairing Alexa or Google Assistant to your existing hub
  • Enjoy the benefits of hands free lighting control by asking to turn the lights on and off, dim, and more
  • Monitor your lights right from your smartphone and create schedules and automation's to fit your daily routines
  • Enjoy dimming capabilities right from your smartphone. Dim the lights before bedtime or increase the brightness to keep a well-lit house at night
  • Wattage: 60W
  • Bulb shape: A19
  • Base type: Medium E26
  • Color temperature: 2700K
  • Voltage: 120 volt
  • Rate life: 11,000 hours
2 Likes

You could even try pairing those bulbs right to your hub and see how they work :slight_smile: I’ve had great luck with my dimmable ones.

1 Like

Thanks for the notice. I picked up a few packs.

1 Like

You can also use another HE hub, worst case, and keep using them.

1 Like

Yes, yes I could, but I'm trying to clean up my mesh. Although the newest sylvania bulbs have been running great for me on HE, I'm looking to create a lights only network, well because what the hell else am I supposed to do trapped at home?
I could move them over if Lightify goes dark.

3 Likes

Why do you consider Hue a ripoff?

1 Like

Scott, have you figured out how to tell what channel the lightify gateway is on? and can we change the zigbee channel?

And what is the gateway model number you guys are having sucess with? I suspect there are 2 models for the gateway.
TIA

No but it might be possible if someone has a xbee to sniff the zigbee info from the gateway plug.

Edit:
Was just thinking about this again... this may not be possible. If the gateway functions like other zigbee radios it might be picking a random or a better channel so it wouldn't be the same for everyone. I wonder if @adamkempenich might be able to ask them about that?

I'll have to look at that tomorrow.

2 Likes

I have an Xbee and the bridge. I can experiment tomorrow. I have two hubs with no Zigbee devices on them. I’ll Change their channel around and plug in the bridge a few times after adjusting channels. See what it chooses.

3 Likes

awesome !