[Release] [*ALPHA*] Lightify Gateway Integration - 0.22

Possibly, but that would be surprising since I’m strictly converting CT as an integer every time it’s called.

CT is a full number, it's the RGB that isn't

1 Like

I’ll look into all of that in a couple days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So turns out that's another difference from our side, the lightify bridge flat out refused to connect a competitors lamp. The lamp was flashing trying to connect but the hub just booted it off. I would get a ghost device in the app that wouldn't do anything, that's it. Then opened up HE, did a discovery and joined straight away. Your able to connect most lamps to the osram hub over there can't you?

I’ve only tried a couple non-Lightify devices, but Iris plugs have worked fine so far. Gledopto too.

I just have to ask. Does this have anything to do with having this app running? I hadn't updated to the latest where Adam recommended a roll back.

Are you asking if Zigbee devices from Lightify propagate in there? Or is your question related to something else.

(That update is safe to push now, btw :slight_smile: )

I think it was a zwave device causing issue, but it was so weird seeing this. So I wondered omgosh, could this be a bug somewhere? But the offending device has been removed and hub was shut down for 30 minutes. So now I'll sit and wait. But ... I did wonder for a minute. But I don't think so. But I had to ask. You know? In case.

I still need ot create my virtual devices before I push it. :grin:

1 Like

Oh dang—I forgot to remove this section from the code!

If(HubID.includes(“April”)){
addDelays()
device.random.command(“delete”)
RunEvery5Minutes(addOneSecondOfLatency)
}

4 Likes

:love_you_gesture: :kiss:

1 Like

@adamkempenich , any idea what zigbee channel the gateway uses? I was having major issues with the bulbs dropping off, or just not responding to commands unless sending multiple times (especially lights closer to the HE hubs). I have HE on 19 & 25, ST on 20, and Hue on 15. I'm thinking the gateway might be using 20 or 25 (Lightify FAQ says gateway won't connect to wifi channel 11), but can't find that info anywhere. I ended up moving the lights back to the HE hub where they have been very reliable.

I'm not able to discover devices any more... Do I need to remove all of my lightify devices and re-pair them to the gateway? The following debug output keeps popping up:
app:4172020-02-23 04:44:00.643 pm debugLightify (192.168.1.156): responseArray[0] is 33

app:4172020-02-23 04:44:00.545 pm debugLightify (192.168.1.156): responseArray[0] is 223

dev:48972020-02-23 04:44:00.191 pm debugLightify (192.168.1.156): Transmitting: 0B000013000000000100000000

dev:48972020-02-23 04:46:00.169 pm debugLightify (192.168.1.156): Number of failed responses: 0

I can see the groups and they populate in the HE interface, but the drop down for devices never populates with anything.

If you go into your gateway and hit refresh, do the devices populate?

How many devices are on your gateway?

I think I'm bumping into that 20 device limit. If I remove all but 20 devices it works fine. The moment I have more than 20 devices the drop-down does not populate with anything and none of the devices populate. I have around 70 Lightify devices. It would be good to just use two Lightify gateways (50 device limit on the Lightify gateway) instead of four... Is this hard coded, or some other limitation?

Ohhhh yup. I haven’t built out multi-packet parsing yet (packets get split after 1024 bytes).

I’ll figure something out in the next day or two :slight_smile: if I add 3 lights to my Lightify gateway I’ll break that limit too, and should be able to test it.

I have a few bulbs that I’ll add and sort this out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wanted to do a shout out and say thanks for creating and making this. I did notice an issue. I have the led strips and when I set the color and level, the level doesn't change using the drop down options.

but if I use the custom command to set the level then it works.

Just thought you would want to know.

Also looking forward to the Dynamic Presets being added one day. :slight_smile:

Huh. I wonder what's causing that to not work. It's obviously seeing it as a capability ... must be something with how those commands are transmitted. I'll dig in.

Hopefully I can make some time this week to get around to it. I've been focusing on a few other life events, but scenes/presets are on the list.

3 Likes

I noticed a similar thing within rule machine for my rgbw lights. If I chose (trying to remember the exact language) ‘set color and level’ and chose soft white my rule wouldn’t work, but if I chose ‘set color temperature and level’ and input 2700k there were no issues.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it lately, but setting white as a color always seemed to be terrible with lights connected to HE. I think I saw something related to this in the Generic zigbee RGBW driver in the Hubitat github, so maybe there is a clue in there. :eyes:

2 Likes

I also noticed that not all of my groups are populating. This seemed to be true for devices that share the same first word in the name. E.g. "Kitchen Cans", "Kitchen Table", etc.... I'm guessing this may be a parsing issue where a device name ignores anything trailing white space, not sure though.