[RELEASE] AlarmDecoder for Hubitat

Should Status list 6 zones if I have 6? Zones 1, 3-6 are contact sensors and Zone 2 is smoke and glass break sensors. Any idea what 103 means? It is detecting when any of Zones 1 or 3-6 are opened/closed.

I wouldn't focus on those. I should probably remove that. It's a leftover from the ST version to populate tiles.

10-4. Ignored! Thank you.

1 Like

When I push Arm_instant, it does Arm_stay instead. I thought I might be able to search in code to figure it out but no luck.

What makes you say it's arming stay?

Nevermind, now when i am doing Arm Instant on my Honeywell keypad, its counting down from 60 also. I know it didn't used to do that recently. Weird! Sorry to bug.

Interesting. If you look at the Network Appliance device in HE it should show that the alarm_delay is false (I hope?)

Is there somewhere in the code that I can comment out the disarm button? I don't need it removed from the Alarmdecoder device page, just want to make sure that pushing the button doesn't do anything.

As much as I like the convenience that I can disarm my alarm w/out a code, it makes me leary. I purposely chose not to create a disarm tile for that reason when setting it up.

Just comment command "disarm" in the network appliance driver.

2 Likes

Interesting update from Sean of Nutech/Alarm Decoder on the ST community:

1 Like

Lol did you read that? Glad ST made things "easy" with their new app. Looks like people need a Comp Sci degree now to install stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just find it interesting they are moving to an ESP board versus Pi

2 Likes

Can someone please translate that post from ST-speak into Hubitat? Are they saying that ST owners can/should ditch their Raspberry Pi AlarmDecoder setups and replace them with an ESP32 flashed with some magic AlarmDecoder firmware? Will this actually work with Hubitat, or is that just an assumption? Will this also work with the USB version of the AlarmDecoder hardware, or is it limited to just the Pi Hat?????

I think you'd need to ask the folks at Alarm Decoder if they plan to continue to support HE in this new ESP32 based version.

1 Like

I’ve had this app working for a while with Vista 20p. It reliably detects all sensors, allows me to arm disarm etc. I have it integrated with HSM and Homekit. But I just recently realized that it does not detect an alarm actually going off. Any idea what could be the issue?

Edit: I checked The AlarmDecoder logs and they show “ALARM”, and “ALARM RESTORED” messages. The Hubitat AlarmDecoder app doesn’t show any logs, but it does seem to be subscribed to all messages including alarm bell-set (I assume that’s the correct one?)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.