[RELEASE] Aeotec Water Sensor 6 w/ Dock

That’s cool. I know it doesn’t hurt anything. I just didn’t know if there was something simple I could do.

Thanks again for everything!

1 Like

If the OCD gets too bad.. I was thinking of writing a “utility driver” that would do state variable cleanup on devices

4 Likes

Do you like these water sensors I need some more but been waiting to see what new water sensors that was coming before I brought. I like the dual water sensor capabilities with the dock? How long are the cables that come with this sensor ? Reason I ask was because I have a small bathroom and would like to monitor sink and toilet area? I have some Aeotec sensors in the past and they have been good. Thanks

1 Like

I’m pretty impressed.. I stayed away previously due to the cost.. But it’s pretty impressive.. And super fast at sending a notification

1 meter (3.28ft) .. but you should be able to add more cable to it..

I have this :grinning::+1:

https://github.com/borristhecat/HUBITAT/blob/master/Clean%20Device.groovy

3 Likes

Nice.. no need for me to write it then

Take it and do what you wish with it. I created it to get over a few things and a few people need to do the same so stuck it there. Nothing special or neat about it so it could probably be cleaned up and made more use of.

1 Like

No need.. As long as it works.. And is available to people..

2 Likes

It worked, thanks! No more sleppy. (And no more CDO triggering. :grimacing:)

2 Likes

Changelog:
2020-05-03 - importURL

I noticed some 'null' entries in my log overnight, and I think they're related to temperature reporting. They occur hourly alongside the power reporting. I switched to debug and forced the report, and think I have it, but let me know if you need anything else. It doesn't appear to be affecting functionality (current reported temperature is correct), so this is more of an FYI than a bugfix request.

Overnight Logs (portion of):

Debug Log:

1 Like

I think I know what it is already.. Will push an update shortly..

1 Like

Changelog:
v1.2

• Fix for null info log entry on temperature report

@JB_TX this should fix you up

1 Like

Thanks! It's loaded up. The reporting occurs naturally at :42 past the hour, so I'll let it soak for a bit.

1 Like

Good news, bad news...

Good news: It's no longer null.
Bad news: Um... :grinning:

I took the liberty of fixing the code on my own:

:rofl:

2 Likes

Doh :man_facepalming:

Fixing now

1 Like

Released too many drivers this weekend.. Got some things mixed up apparently..

1 Like

v1.3 pushed.. fixed

2 Likes

This driver is forcing the sensor to report its temperatures in Fahrenheit, could we please get an option to use Celsius?

There are three places where it's doing it I think, all like:
cmds.add(zwave.sensorMultilevelV5.sensorMultilevelGet(scale: 1, sensorType: 1))

Scale 1 is F, scale 0 is C. This device does have a configuration parameter (64) that controls whether it sends C or F. Could that be a setting, and then you use the value of the setting when doing the sensormultilevelget()?

FYI other drivers for this device don't have this problem as they don't seem to specifically request the temperature, they just let the device send it when it wakes up. It sends it in the scale it's configured to use.

1 Like