[RELEASE] Aeotec Smart Switch Driver 7 EU version

As the US version of the driver did not work at all, and the v6 driver does not truly match either I wrote this driver. Works with and without security.

You can find the source here: https://github.com/reneboer/Hubitat/tree/main/Aeotec

This driver is available via HPM. Search by Aeotec Smart.

Cheers Rene

And another driver version from other thread :slight_smile:

Btw, I recommend to push Auotec to release FW update as unreleased version has fixes for internal clock request after power on and consumed energy report threshold.

Thanks, I did not find that as I typically search the forum and github (but I know many moved from that after M$ took over). Good to learn there are more sources for good stuff.

Currently I am not seeing power reporting issues, but I am not pushing the plugs either.

Cheers Rene

Here is the related ticket link
[#1484085] No energy report according to the parameter 92 : Aeotec Help Desk (freshdesk.com)

Not sure if it is accessible to you, but anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S.: The issue were handled around 6..8 months ago. So it is only a question of the official FW release.
As title states it is related to parameter 92. This parameter simply has no effect. I got a fixed FW for testing with the issue resolved. Cannot share as it is non-official.

And another fix/improovement that I mentioned is related to the internal clock. The device has no battery. So if you move it around you'll need to validate clock each time. The fixed FW requests clock from HUB upon powering the device. So the night light mode should become correct (except maybe daysaving time shift change). Needs proper callback handler to operate correctly inside driver code.

I do have a support account with them, but no access to the ticket. The KWh reading is less important to my self. I used the power reading and that does update as expected. I can see if I can give them a nudge.

Hi,

Released version 1.0 for this driver. Changes:

• Added device Clock update when off on config.
  • Added firmware targets to version report.
  • Moved setting device configuration parameters for update function.
  • Added FirmwareUpdate report handler.
  • Fixed Reset Device function.

Cheers Rene