[RELEASE] Aeon Wallmote with per-button slide functionality

It's a bit rough (Haven't done much driver development), but have the Aeon Wallmote (Quad, in my case), working with a modified driver, and per-button slide (Currently exposed as additional buttons in the old hack way, buttons 5,6,7,8 are slide up, 9, 10, 11, 12 are slide down).

Noticed in the Aeon docs for the wallmote Parameter 4, which when set to 3 sends Parameter config reports for notifications. Parameters 9 and 10 seem to be slide start and slide end (respectively), with the values being 4 bytes (first byte is the button number, second is the direction, 3 and 4 I'm not sure, maybe sequence numbers, speed, or distance?). Would love feedback on how to clean up the driver, and/or get the changes merged into the HE built-in driver.

3 Likes

:+1:.. Going to give it a try

I found your driver at a slightly different path.

It does not seem to be configuring the WallMote though. I tried turning off the beep and enabling slide and neither are being applied.

I just wasn't patient. The changes eventually took effect.

Thanks for making this available, I am struggling to get the slide actions to do anything though - when I do slide, it seems to cause no reaction or debug logging at all in Hubitat. Pressing, and Holding/Releasing works fine. Am I missing something - judging by the logs, I only see the "CentralSceneNotification" event, although the slide actions somehow should trigger a "ConfigurationReport"? Don't have much experience with Zwave, so not sure what that means...

1 Like

I forgot to mention, to get the changes to apply to the wallmote, you need to "Wake up" the wallmote for configuration - To do this press and hold the action button (pairing button) until it goes yellow/orange on the front, then release. It should beep once and flash orange rapidly for a few seconds, then go back to blue (and sleep).

This wakes it up and sends a message that then the driver will send all the configuration commands. If you let it sit for a while, it'll do this on its own (Mine seem to do it once a day, around 3am),.

1 Like

Yes, thank you for that, I just came back to say that I was being stupid and the problem was that I still had the USB cable plugged in for charging - apparently, that changes things, and while the button presses still worked, the sliding didn't. As soon as I unplugged sliding started to work - it could well have to do with the configuration update, as perhaps it just hadn't applied the "enable slide" parameter while it was plugged in, and received a configuration update when it went "wireless" or something :slight_smile: Awesome!

The link was broken, not sure what happened there. I updated the link to be current.

1 Like