Relay Dimmer Suggestions/Integration Plan Feedback

Hi Everybody, looking for some advice. If I'm in the wrong forum topic please let me know where is correct for this.

I am planning on wiring recessed lights (LED, some requiring ELV dimming specifically) in the ceiling and considering using a relay (that may not be quite right, an inline dimmer) to turn on/off and dim rather than a traditional switch. I have some preliminary thoughts about whether this is a good idea.

Pros/Benefits:

1. I don't have to find more places to put permanent switches cut into the wall. I can use a remote (Using Zooz ZEN34 elsewhere in the house) for manual switching and do most of the lighting changes via scenes and timers. Basically this is a smart version of the RunLessWire kits on Amazon.
  2. Similar to above, I don't need to have a switch for every light hard wired and a cutout in the wall. I have in mind 5+ circuits so I can dim individual lights for art lighting, task lighting, etc and that turns into a lot of bricks on the wall, unsightly.

Cons/Challenges:

1. Access. If I put the relay in the attic with the wiring I will not be able to easily reset/repair/diagnose issues that are on the hardware side. I could potentially have an access box in a closet similar to a breaker box and house all relays there for accessibility. I don't know the line length limitations on signal wires between the relay and circuit, but if they can be very long and run alongside others in a conduit this is an option.
  2. Reliability? Tied to #1. If I go this route I want something that is very bulletproof. Resetting frequently will make this choice regrettable.

Looking for experience, feedback, opinions on this idea. Also, if this is an ok idea, I would appreciate suggestions for products that will meet my needs. I see there are numerous options out there, lutron, Shelly, so off, etc etc. Strong integration with HE is a desire.

Thanks!!

Crickets in here, unfortunately. Did you end up grabbing any? I'm in the same boat right now.

Hey, I haven't gone through with the full scope of what I would like to, but I have done some playing. Currently I have Shelly relays (PM2.5 and Dimmer2) operating other lights and all using Zooz ZEN34 paddle switches to operate them. All in boxes that are already in my home. That combo works well for turning on and off, I have not tried anything fancier like hold to dim.

My plan is to cut a box in a location that is available and house Shelly Dimmer2 relays in there, and command them from a Zooz ZEN34 for the integration I was asking about. Life is busy right now, so may take me a little while to get around to it.