Regina

Totally a newbie!!! Purchased a home with cooper/ eaton zwave dimmers. Previous owner told us nothing. Left no hubs! (Jerks)
The switches are behind a panel. There are light switches throughout home that don’t work. I assume it is because the controller was taken and internet changed. I bought the hubitat and excluded than included a few switches behind that panel. Do i also have to go to the switches throughout the home and add them or i am doing something totally wrong. We just want to be able to turn on lights with the wall switches

Not generally familiar w/Cooper/Eaton, but for Z-Wave devices they each need to be excluded/included to the HE hub individually.

All in-wall devices act as 'dumb' switches/dimmers/outlets without the need for a hub. The Hub provides remote capabilities.

Exceptions are switches/dimmers/outlets from Inovelli and Zooz that offer "Smart Bulb" features that present the wall switch/paddle as a Scene Controller and force the internal relay to be always on.

You'd need to find the manual for your specific in-wall devices to see how to reset them, if they offer that feature. A quick glance at ONE of Eaton's devices does NOT mention a 'smart bulb' feature. That suggests the wall switch/paddle operates the internal relay always.

Let's see if I understand the setup.... the physical switches that control circuits are behind a panel, but if you toggle them, the lights work? Then in each room, there are 'phantom' switches (vendor and model unknown? ) that do nothing as far as you can tell?

Can you identify the 'phantom' devices? When you remove the faceplate, can you see the manufacturer and model?

Eaton does offer a few accessory switches that are no-load and a scene switch as well.
If they lose their Z-wave associations probably won't do much when pressed. :wink:

@gmew Have a look at this post, join the owners group and get us pics of what you're dealing with please.

Ithis one is a single switch in a living room. I can see that ir is a cooper rf9517. Trued to “include” but didnt work

That's an Accessory Switch and the docs say it is intended to be associated with a "real" ZWave switch. In my imagination, that accessory switch is supposed to be associated to a switch behind the panel.

Thats what ypu would think. This particular switch is by back door There is one in that panel called “deck” that turns lights on by back door. I cannot exclude or include this or any other wall switch

So how do i get the accessory switches to work. Im ready to return hub