Refreshing Zigbee Lights Renders them Always On in Dashboard

Not sure if this is a bug in the software or not. This past month four of my colored Zigbee light bulbs would register as On in the dashboard even though they were off. I would have to go in the device settings press the light ON then Off and it would then register off in the dashboard. The lights were functioning properly in my rules by turning on and off but they would always register as ON in the dashboard, as I said.

In my Lights OFF rule, I would refresh the Zigbee Lightbulb device and when the refresh trigger is implemented the light bulbs go back to the On state in the dashboard, even though the bulb would still be off.

I would then need to push the ON button in the device settings then push the Off button for the devices to turn on and off again properly in the dashboard. The only way I could turn the lights off through the dashboard is if I turned the lights on first, and then turn them off.

So for now I have canceled the refresh of the light bulbs when they are turned off in the rule. But if I go into the device and press refresh it will render the bulb as On in the dashboard, even though the light is off. Not sure what's going on here.

bluetunamal I have weird stuff too ..
Sometimes it helps if you change that particular button to a different. device,
and turn that on and off. See if it works and then switch back to the original device.
You were having problems with. I'm not sure why this works, but it seems to have helped most times with some of the weirdness on my dashboard. Just press the three little dots, change. it to a different device. Try it and then. get the three little dots and change it back. to the device you want. Give it a try. Let me know if it works.

First, I'd ignore Dashboard for a second at just look at the device detail page directly. Dashboard only knows what "Current States" shows there. If that's wrong, it's something with the device or driver, Not Dashboard problem per se (though unless you do have a Dashboard problem, they should match).

Along those lines, what platform versión are you running and what driver are you using for this device? There were some reports of something like what you describe with the "Advanced Zigbee..." bulb family of drivers that was supposed to be addressed in a recent hotfix.

I'm running the following platform version: Currently running version: 2.3.8.128. Yeah I believe it's something wrong with the device or driver because the state that the device is in matches the dashboard. Only weird thing is even though the device says it's on, it will actually be off. And yes, the type of bulb I have set as "Advanced RGBW Bulb."

It sounds like a driver issue as you indicated but I'm not sure there is a fix yet.

You are several builds behind, so I'd see if updating helps. (Anecdotally I see it might but there may be additional oddities to address...) You can also try the Generic Zigbee Light driver if you don't need anything from the Advanced driver specifically.

2 Likes