Refresh Lights non tunable A19 ...specifically Osram Lightify

You're asking for serious trouble by not having continuous power to these bulbs, this has nothing to do with the driver being used.
Replace the bulbs with sengled, remove the switch, or protect it from turning off...

1 Like

Actually, the Hubitat hub will retain whatever the last known state of the bulbs were, before they lost power. Turning off actual power to Smart Bulbs is usually never a good idea. As Mike mentioned, only the Sengled bulbs will actually transmit a 'last gasp' zigbee message stating they are "off" when they lose actual power to the bulb. No other bulbs will do this, that I know of. For this 'feature' to work on Hubitat, you must use the Sengled specific drivers supplied by Hubitat (instead of the Generic drivers.)

Your entire list of devices is comprised of all non-repeating devices, except for your Osram bulbs. Early revisions of these bulbs make poor Zigbee repeaters, and will completely mess up your mesh network if you power them off. You also are using Xiaomi/Aqara devices, which are technically not fully Zigbee HA1,2 compliant. If you want these to work reliably, I recommend you do NOT use Peanut Plugs as repeaters. Instead, use the inexpensive IKEA Tradfri outlets as repeaters. These are one of few Zigbee repeaters that play well with the Xiaomi/Aqara devices.

4 Likes

interesting as i am trying to learn about mesh (obviously). i can move most of these osrams to porch lights and such so we wont turn off. eventually i will discontinue them. i just bought the peanut plugs (but can return them still) but are 50 percent less than the Ikeas outlet...do you see these for less than 20 a piece? i bought 3 peanuts but may be able to get away 2 possibly? home is 2500 ft with 3 floors (including basement)..suggestions?

Here in the USA, they are only $10 a piece...

And their dedicated Zigbee repeater is smaller, but pricier at $13

1 Like

I'd also recommend you read a little about using Xiaomi/Aqara devices in this thread. It has a section in the first post about Zigbee repeaters that are know to work and not work.

im quite tired and am going to sleep but good find and I will read thru this. Amazon has them for around 20 currently. i still have my Smartthings hub and was thinking of moving my osrams and now the aquara contacts to that using hubconnect. if using ST hub for this doesnt this route thru the cloud or would it be local? i stopped integrating my ST hub the other night because it looked like it would route thru the cloud.

All custom code for SmartThings runs in the cloud. Only the ST SmartLighting app has a chance at running locally on their v2/v3 hubs, and even then only IF all of the devices used in the automation are running locally as well (i.e. no custom DTH's)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.