Reflecting all lights off in Dashboard

Hi,

I have used Activator in Room Lighting to create On/Off dimmable switches for 33 Philips Wiz lights (GU10 and E27) in 4 different areas and it works like a charm.

I have a main button that turns all lights on or off, however, in the dashboard, the individual On/Off dimmable switch for lets say lights 1-10 does not reflect this once I press all off. It stays lit.

Any ideas how this can be fixed if possible? As it stand now it is impossible to make out if the lights are truly on or off...

Thanks.

Do the lights actually do what you are asking them to do? If it is just a reporting issue does the dashboard ever correct itself? I've found the few Wiz I have to be sometimes slow to report, but eventually they get there. Except for color temp and/or level. I find they are not always correct. You might try having the 'All' RL app trigger each of the 4 areas rather than all the lights individually.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

It appears that the DashBoard tile (the color) doesn't reflect that the light is turned off. For example:

1. I turn on specific lights (A) with a a tile in Dashboard which uses Activate Room Lighting.

2. I turn on all lights using another Activate tile, lights A and B are now on. Lights B do not show as lit in dashboard.

3. I turn off all lights using All Lights Off button.

4. Tiles for A and B remain lit.

If I change mode to away, which kills all lights using modes, then tiles still remain lit even though lights are off.

Devices show that lights are off. It is more an issue with me not being able to actually have the tile reflect this using Room Lighting. I currently have no rule for this, I just invoke this in Room Lighting using Activate.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a limitation? It doesn't matter how long I wait.

Can you post a picture one of your Room Lighting setups that does not work as intended? For a group setup you probably want to choose 'Activate even if partially activated' and 'Indicator for Group Any On'. And just to confirm you are using the built-in Wiz drivers. Not a 3rd party and not Matter?

This sounds like it's a Wiz communication issue. As I said I've identified one with changing levels. But I don't seem to ever get a switch state issue. Another thing to try is to enable 'Command devices on/off irrespective of reported state (Force)' in the Activation settings. You'll need to check all the 'Force' column for all the lights.

Hi,

Thanks for your time answering.
I decided to remove all lights, double check IP for each Wiz light and redo everything. I was using the Wiz drivers.
For some reason it works now. Not sure what it was. But I am happy that it is resolved as the groups of lights in room lighting are now in sync.

Thanks

1 Like