Redundancy in case of catastrophic failure

If I only had a US combined stick, I would add an aeon z-stick to it
I would think it’s possible with a C5 hub too, but don’t know for sure.

Andy

Yeah, since I bought a second (OK, third) hub for Zigbee and lighting, my first hub was basically only doing Z-Wave. Since that has been working well for a while, I decided now was a good time to re-do my Z-Wave network from nothing and switch to a Z-Stick while I was at for the added benefits. :slight_smile: (If any new users find Z-Wave backups important and don't wait to wait for whatever Hubitat will probably eventually provide, I'd advise that starting with the Z-Stick in the first place would, of course, be the easier route. You can connect one to a C5--see below--or use it on a C3/C4 with or without the HUSZB-1 which will be relegated to Zigbee in that case. Or you can be like me and re-pair all your devices when you make this decision. Ha.)

You are correct! Staff have recommended a "Y cable" like this one if you want to use an external radio with the C5, which you'll need since there's only one (micro-)USB port. I haven't tested it myself since I ended up re-using my C3 with the Z-Stick, but something like this should work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079J5MWYY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (US Amazon link)

1 Like

When you get a chance can you please link to where this is stated, I would be very interested in reading the thread.

1 Like

It's been mentioned a few times by staff (and others), but the first was in Bruce's post announcing the release of the C5: Hubitat Elevation Hub Model C-5 Released

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like