Rediscover zigbee device

Hi,
I have several Xiaomi motion sensors. (and buttons)
I found that after some time they disconnect from hub. I can tell it by that all rules based on them stop working, and by that I can't see any events from certain date.
I assume that I have to remove them and then rediscover.

1. Is this the case, or is there a way to reconnect without it.
  2. The big problem is that I have rules based on those devices, so I have to edit the rules, remove the device from it, then I have to delete the device, re-discover and rebuild the rules. Is there any shortcut for that?
    Thanks

Zigbee devices all have a persistent unique ID that Hubitat uses to link the physical Zigbee device to the 'Hubitat Device' you see and interact with on the Hub and in Apps.

As such, Zigbee devices can simply be reset (on the physical device itself), and the Paired with the Hubitat hub again. The device will 'pop' back into the same 'Hubitat Device' it was using previously, and all Apps will just continue to work.

The Xiaomi devices are notoriously problematic in this way, due to them not being fully Zigbee HA1.2 compliant. However, many users have found methods to keep them stable on their Zigbee mesh networks.

You may want to look into using @markus' drivers for these devices as he's done some work to improve their reliability.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.