[RECURRING] OAuth Connections Down / Performance Issues

There's definitely still some significant performance issues. Seems even worse than yesterday.

Took 2 minutes 11 seconds for the authorization screen to load when attempting the authorization with Google Home. Similar performance issues when testing various OAuth integrations. And it is erroring out in various ways - sometimes issues with logging in, sometimes after selecting devices and attempting the code swap, etc.

Same issue two nights in a row here. My authorization fails multiple times before it approves.

I get this below, then return to my dashboard and it is gone again.

This time it worked.

Same experience here, Sunday and Monday night.

We bumped up the resources on our oauth host, let me know if things are any better...

3 Likes

Seems to be much more responsive now from my quick tests. I'll keep an eye on it to see if I notice any dips over the next few days.

1 Like

I've been having an issue trying to add hubitat to my Google home app overnight and this morning. When I try to add the "works with Google" device and find hubitat in the list, it will open a page that just never loads. I'm assuming that this is part of the OAuth issue as it can't seem to load this web address:
"oauth.cloud.hubitat.c0m/oauth/authorize"

@bobbyD @mike.maxwell I am experiencing oauth issues again today and on an ongoing basis. I wonder if you could comment on whether this is a persistent issue at this point. I must admit that I haven't tested continuously but it seems like it fails every time I try. Thanks.

Looks like Amazon is still having issues.

1 Like

Looks like I need to do all of my work at 5am!

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Unfortunately it has become pretty unresponsive again. :grimacing:

@mike.maxwell Earlier this evening I added one device to the Sharptools app in Hubitat. And again it failed and I lost my connection.

Assuming I am not the only one experiencing these issues then it may be that the changes made did not solve the problem? Thanks.

It was unresponsive for me when I was connecting to Google Home, but I kept trying and eventually it went through

A quick update. This has been problematic for the past week or so - generally requiring 2-3 tries to get it to succeed. This morning it has been failing every time for the last hour or so. Thanks.

1 Like

I've been having similar issues intermittently for some time. I am using the Google Home Community integration. It had been OK for a few weeks and then since yesterday Google Home has complained that "I couldn't reach the Hubitat". If I try to reconnect via the Google Home app it fails with the message "Could not reach Hubitat. Please try again." If I try to reconnect from the app in Hubitat I get a socket timeout (although my internet connectivity is fine).
If I reboot my hub then the connectivity is restored, until the next time it fails...
Could there be a problem with the connection between the hub and the Hubitat Oauth cloud endpoints? Or does the hub reboot cause a refresh that temporarily restores connectivity?

Update: After rebooting the hub as described above I have now lost the connection to my Hub within the SharpTools site. My hub is still logging successful device event sends to SharpTools. But the link between the accounts is not present in SharpTools. This is a new symptom for my system.
Edit: Connectivity is back again

And... my oauth integrations are offline again, both Sharptools and Google Home. Please would someone from the Hubitat team give us an update on this issue and the status of the oauth problems?

1 Like

@bobbyD ?

having similar issues with actiontiles...Their support is non responsive

Checking, thanks for your feedback.

1 Like